Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Area high school baseball 2020

Posted by Indian42 on Sun, Mar 1, 2020, at 9:24 AM:

With the season starting in just a few weeks, what’s everyone’s take on teams this spring? What teams have the best shot to win their conference, district and more...

Replies (17)

• Cooter will most likely win theres have not seen the districts yet tho not Locked in on that pic

-- Posted by Ghicks on Sun, Mar 1, 2020, at 11:25 AM

Baseball is a great sport.... but nowhere near the excitement and atmosphere of HS basketball! Baseball can be somewhat boring!

-- Posted by indian73 on Sun, Mar 1, 2020, at 5:26 PM
  • You’ll probably sticking with the basketball forum then 73. We’d hate to bore ya with our nations pastime.

-- Posted by Indian42 on Sun, Mar 1, 2020, at 6:32 PM

Kennett, Sikeston, & ND should all be tough in the larger school division. That’s just based on what I *think they have coming back.

Someone help me out.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Sun, Mar 1, 2020, at 7:50 PM
  • Watch out for:

Saxony

Kelly

Oran

All 3 of these teams will be tough!

-- Posted by Basketball Is Life on Mon, Mar 2, 2020, at 10:24 AM
  • Saxony, Kelly, Scott City just in that one district are all solid teams and returning a majority of their starters from last year as I recall. Saxony took 3rd in state last year and that district could have gone to any of those 3.

The usual squads like Notre Dame and Jackson will be very solid again.

Anyone know if Bluff will be up this year?

What about Kennett? Will they still be solid?

-- Posted by CrusaderCrew on Mon, Mar 2, 2020, at 11:07 AM

Kennett will be good and I forgot about Sr. loaded Scott City and Kelly will be tough as well. Looks to be a solid spring for SEMO baseball.

I didn't realize Saxony earned 3rd last year? I must have missed that one.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Mon, Mar 2, 2020, at 6:31 PM
  • what about Oran, advance and Bell City? They are usually very competitive.

-- Posted by dustymom on Tue, Mar 3, 2020, at 11:16 AM
  • Keep an eye on Doniphan, especially if they put them back in Class 3. Return a lot including a pitcher that has signed with Alabama. They haven't won a district title in a gazillion years, so maybe they are due.

-- Posted by Show Stopper on Fri, Mar 6, 2020, at 9:38 AM
  • Is there any D1 talent in SEMO?

-- Posted by Jon Snow on Fri, Mar 6, 2020, at 9:40 AM
  • Campbell had a good year in 2019. They have a lot coming back, including some good pitching. Go Camels.

-- Posted by elrod48 on Fri, Mar 6, 2020, at 7:58 PM
  • Jon Snow as I stated above Doniphan has a kid already signed with Alabama. Also East Carter (Ellsinore) has a kid signed to Western Kentucky. So there is at least two D1 kids. That's all I've heard of so far.

-- Posted by Show Stopper on Sun, Mar 8, 2020, at 12:48 AM
  • Jon Snow, Cape Central's Hunter Hiett has signed with SEMO.

-- Posted by Vikings77 on Sun, Mar 8, 2020, at 1:25 PM
  • Tough Class 3 District 2

Arcadia Valley

Clearwater

Kelly

Scott City

Saxony Lutheran

Woodland

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Fri, Mar 13, 2020, at 1:27 PM
  • D1 talent that I’m aware of:

Jake Eddington-Doniphan (Alabama)

Noah Burkey-Poplar Bluff (Missouri State)

Hunter Hiett-Cape Central (SEMO)

Payton Howard-Sikeston (SLU)

Dalton Rudd-East Carter (Western KY)

Dawson Crawford-Charleston (SEMO) jr.-verbal

Many other JUCO/D2 commits that I’m not 100% on.

Brayden Eftink-Notre Dame (Wabash Valley) D1 talent, choosing one of the best JUCO in country.

-- Posted by LuckyU on Sat, Mar 14, 2020, at 9:39 AM
  • It's going to be interesting to see what happens with this recruiting class of 2020. With the cancellation of college spring sports and current postponement of the high school season, it could have major effects on this class. It appears now that a D1 college could bring back all of its seniors for another season, that me affect a kids decision to go to that school. It could open up a big opportunity for the JUCO level to get some of these kids, IF the JUCO sophomores don't come back to JUCO for another sophomore season.

Also, pretty excited to see that 3Rivers has already signed 3 local SEMO Conference players (2 PB & 1 Kennett). Hoping to see them get a few more local area talents. As a sports fan, I enjoy it when any of the 3Rivers sports keeps local talent in the area and I get to see them play 2 more years.

-- Posted by CrashDavis on Tue, Mar 24, 2020, at 11:33 AM
  • It will be interesting to see for sure. In the past, scholarships have been earned solely on how well an athlete performed senior year. I would almost bet the season won't be played at all this spring

-- Posted by dustymom on Tue, Mar 24, 2020, at 4:13 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: