High School Baseball Forum: Wrestling Coverage

Posted by sportsfan87 on Sun, Dec 22, 2019, at 9:15 AM:

Cape Central hosted a 16 team wrestling tournament this weekend, yet little to no coverage from the SE Missourian. Why? Individual matches between two schools, ok I can understand that being the coaches responsibility. But the Tiger Classic is the premier tournament in the area. No reporter was there???

Replies (6)

• Ok...Jeff Long covered it so I have my answer.

-- Posted by sportsfan87 on Sun, Dec 22, 2019, at 12:21 PM

yeah, i've been searching for the results too. KFVS 12 did mention that Jackson won again, but that was all.

-- Posted by cardsfan53 on Sun, Dec 22, 2019, at 12:47 PM
  • Five sentence coverage. Thats it.

-- Posted by sportsfan87 on Sun, Dec 22, 2019, at 7:01 PM
  • Wrestling has always been a niche sport and the coverage will never rival more popular sports like basketball and football. Itís just business.

Be grateful for the lessons you learn in that wrestling room. Be grateful for coaches that push you beyond your perceived limits. Be grateful for losses that humble you and challenge you to work harder. Be grateful for the discipline you gain through making weight. Most of all be grateful for the bonds you make with teammates sharing your misery, some will last a lifetime.

Nothing else offered in high school will better prepare you for success in real life than wrestling. Media coverage, while appreciated, does nothing to change that.

-- Posted by Fish on Tue, Dec 24, 2019, at 10:27 AM
  • Very true Fish. However, you'd think the biggest tournament of the season outside of the state championships would call for better coverage than a 5 sentence paragraph.

-- Posted by sportsfan87 on Tue, Dec 24, 2019, at 1:26 PM
  • Coverage has VASTLY improved since this thread began. Thank you for your efforts.

-- Posted by sportsfan87 on Fri, Jan 31, 2020, at 4:32 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: