Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Bluff and Jackson Baseball

Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 2:09 PM:

Does anyone know how these two teams will look this year? Any key players returning? What about key loses to graduation last year? Pitching is a huge factor, especially with the new MSHSAA pitch counts. Any idea how these teams look at that position?

Replies (3)

• I know that both Jackson and Bluff lost several seniors which,I’m assuming, is why neither team got any recognition in the preseason state rankings. I know that they both have several seniors this year that received post-season honors from last season, as juniors. I think they both have an all-State infielder returning for their senior seasons. Pitching will prob be the biggest ? for both teams.

For what it’s worth, I think Bluff had a very good JV team last year. I watched the JV tournament at Notre Dame last year (I like watching the games with a radar on the scoreboard). Notre Dame beat Jackson in the JV semi’s and then lost to Bluff in the JV championship. I was very impressed with the freshman talent on Bluff and Notre Dame. Bluff had 2 Freshman and Notre Dame had 1 Freshman all 3 throwing in the low 80’s last year.

Guess we’ll see pretty quick who has improved over the offseason.

-- Posted by CrashDavis on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:31 PM
  • Speaking of Poplar Bluff, Kameron Misner (PBHS 2016) is off to another terrific start this year at Mizzou!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:47 PM
  • Bluff returns around 5 while Jackson returns 2-3 starters.I do not believe either returns any pitching from last season. Should make for another competitive year in that district and in the SEMO Conference.

-- Posted by bulldogfn on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 1:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: