Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Baseball

Posted by rodanderson999@gmail.com on Mon, Mar 5, 2018, at 11:28 PM:

What happened to Colton Weber from Jackson 17' class going to Dallas Baptist?

Replies (14)

• @old red dawg colton is now playing at crowder in kansas city, Mo.

-- Posted by Bball2399 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 12:01 PM
  • Isn't Crowder in Neosho, MO?

-- Posted by SEMO747883 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 4:37 PM
  • Yes but Kansas City sounds more impressive.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 6:58 PM
  • It's over 2 hours from Kansas City

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 7:00 PM
  • Crowder is a good JuCo program, usually beats MAC.

It amazes me all the great baseball talent in the area and MAC never pursues it. They get outside area kids and are always just average team every year - never great. I don't follow 3R, hopefully they promote the SEMO kids!

-- Posted by thatDude on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 3:02 PM
  • thatDude, spot on with your assessment of MAC, especially when Jefferson (Hillsboro) has enjoyed tremendous success.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 9:04 PM
  • Its sad to have a local juCo in your back yard that don't promote local kids!!!

I understand you have to go out and get some, especially pitching, but from what I've seen position/hitting wise they are just as good/better kids locally than what they put on the field every year.

What's even more frustrating - I have been watching local teams (high school and summer), and I've seen the 3R, JeffCo, and other coaches show up to games to watch kids. But MAC - only if they have relative playing I think.

-- Posted by thatDude on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 9:36 AM
  • I would imagine if a kid has a chance to go to Jeffco or Crowder, more than likely they are going to choose one of those two schools over MAC. Those programs are on a different level.

-- Posted by Coach_D1204 on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 10:40 AM
  • I say that and I look and Jeffco only has two kids from Jackson and one from Scott City. They have transfers from Creighton, U of Arkansas, Murray State, and U of South Carolina. Pretty impressive. Crowder has the Weber kid from Jackson. Other than SEMO, where are all the baseball players from the SEMO area signing then?

-- Posted by Coach_D1204 on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 10:48 AM
  • Division 3

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 11:29 AM
  • Other Jucos: St Charles, John A Logan, Rend Lake, Danville

Anytime a kid is getting assistance in paying for their education it is a win.

-- Posted by bulldogfn on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 1:07 PM
  • I know of a pitcher/fielder that has had pretty good success in the MAAA and his local senior legion team that MAC had virtually no interest in. Instead he chose NAIA at a school that offered him a pretty good chunk of change to come play for them.

-- Posted by Tales of the Crypt on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 7:41 PM
  • Tales of the Crypt - agree - I can give you a laundry list of mineral area/leadbelt players for the last 15 years that would of made them better - most didn't get a look and went elsewhere, only a handful played at MAC.

I really don't know what coach Jones is doing - can someone explain his philosophy? You have resources within a 50 mile radius of talent just as good/better than anywhere in the state, I can promote local kids, gain local interest/fan base, promote the college, etc... - NOPE rather lose and be a subpar program with out of state kids!

-- Posted by thatDude on Mon, Mar 12, 2018, at 1:03 PM
  • From what I understand, Colten and DBU parted ways last June. Not exactly sure why, but I believe it had something to do with DBU's new pitching coach. I heard Colten had other offers from some D1 schools, and from 3 JUCOs that all went to the JUCO World Series last season (Crowder being 1 of them). He choose Crowder to be close to the pitching coach (one of the very best in the nation - DBU to Mississippi State and now at Arkansas) that originally recruited him. Crowder is top notch. Preseason #2 in the nation, and routinely have pro scouts and top college recruiters at their games and Fall practices. Wish him - and all the area boys playing past high school - the very best.

-- Posted by semosportsfan18 on Thu, Mar 22, 2018, at 7:50 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: