Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Sikeston Vs. Festus

Posted by Sports Rat on Sun, May 21, 2017, at 11:03 AM:

Both teams had to battle in their district championship to win. Should be a great game on Tuesday. What's everyone's thoughts on this??

Replies (9)

Pitching and defense

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Sun, May 21, 2017, at 4:20 PM

Sikeston kicks the snot out of fetus.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Sun, May 21, 2017, at 5:13 PM
  • Where is the game?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Mon, May 22, 2017, at 6:55 AM

Sikeston at noon.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, May 22, 2017, at 8:07 AM
  • Well - Festus battled to beat a good Potosi team and a North County team that had wins against Sikeston and Poplar Bluff - So I would say they might be hitting their stride at the right time. Of course it always seems to be tough to beat Sikeston at Sikeston! I would say its pretty evenly matched and will go to whoever can have that one big inning and capitalize on mistakes. Should be a great game to watch! I assume its going down right now - so please post results.

-- Posted by thatDude on Tue, May 23, 2017, at 1:49 PM

Sikeston won 11-2.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, May 23, 2017, at 5:12 PM

And the lesson here is simple. NEVER doubt the word of CoachKent. Next up, Jackson football domination and more mineral area whining.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Tue, May 23, 2017, at 8:13 PM
  • P.B. 2 Rockwood Summitt 1. Rice pitched into the 6th with the game tied at 1. Tibbs took over on the hill and Rice went to the outfield. Rice threw out a runner at the plate on a base hit then the catcher threw behind the batter who had rounded 1st base and got him out to end the inning. P.B. scored a run in the bottom of the 6th and Tibbs closed it out in the 7th for the win.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Tue, May 23, 2017, at 9:28 PM
  • Good "play-by-play!"

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, May 23, 2017, at 10:00 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: