3/17-3/18 Post Baseball Scores Here

Posted by insidescoop on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 1:00 AM:

Post Baseball Jackson Pummels Kelly 25-0

Scott City beats Cape 6-1

Perryville beats Cape 6-1

East Carter beats Bluff 3-2

Who else played tonight?

Replies (53)

Woodland beat Oak Ridge 3-0. Tyler Womack for Woodland pitched a perfect game. Pitched 7 innings surrendering 0 hits, 0 runs and 0 walks while striking out 13.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 9:02 AM
  • Awesome job Womack.

-- Posted by insidescoop on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 9:24 AM
  • Jackson splits DH with Gosnell, AR losing the first game 6-4 and winning the second game 17-1.

-- Posted by Deuce43 on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 4:31 PM
  • Dexter 4 Cooter 3, gave up 1 hit had early walks left 10 guys on base.

Cooter 11 Clearwater 0 in 5

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 5:01 PM
  • Dexter 13 Clearwater 3 in 5

-- Posted by Old School Coach on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 11:42 PM
  • Friday Perryville 6 Scott City 3

Saturday Scott City 12 Park Hills 4

Saturday Scott City 7 Farmington 5

-- Posted by trl1995 on Sun, Mar 19, 2017, at 7:15 AM

Scott City just won the Mineral area conference championship. Sad day for the M triple A.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Sun, Mar 19, 2017, at 7:53 AM
  • Greenville 16 Plato 0

Bismarck 10 Greenville 7 extra innings

-- Posted by curveballKout on Sun, Mar 19, 2017, at 1:49 PM
  • Correction to previous post

Greenville 16 Plato(#3) 0 McDaniel WP, no hitter

Bismarck 10 Greenville 8 extra innings

-- Posted by curveballKout on Sun, Mar 19, 2017, at 3:37 PM
  • Coach Kent - are referring to Scott city winning the Silver (B) bracket? my information tells me they didn't even make it to the winners (A) bracket? (I believe that was North County, Perryville, Valle, St.Gen)!

-- Posted by thatDude on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:15 AM
  • I will say though - I did watch some games in the valle tourney and I could tell that the pitching rules are already having affect. you can tell when a team is throwing their 6-7 pitcher against a 1-2 pitcher. I think coaches got an eye opener on how to manage this, which is why you play early season tournys like this.

-- Posted by thatDude on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:28 AM
  • Not only is the pitch count going to be a headache, so is the extra paperwork piled on them after each game. They have to send in a report of the pitch counts for the players within 24 hours, or else be assessed a $25 fine. Crazy!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:31 AM
  • Notre Dame won 17-1 in CoMo

-- Posted by grizzliesfan348 on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 10:06 AM
  • who did they play grizzliesfan??

-- Posted by TheNewsReporter on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 10:21 AM
  • South Pem over Campbell 5-4 in 9inings

-- Posted by BFan on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:03 PM
  • ND beat Grain Valley 17-1 them lost to a very solid Rock Bridge team in a walk off hit.

-- Posted by insidescoop on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:06 PM
  • Poplar Bluff is still

Looking for its first W after losing to lower class schools.

And yes they threw their tops guys, tough start for the 5th ranked team in class 5......

-- Posted by insidescoop on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:08 PM
  • Perryville Pirates 4-0 beat cape, Scott city, cape central and Valle

-- Posted by insidescoop on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 9:17 PM
  • Cooter 8 Doniphan 0

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 11:18 PM
  • North County -6 Poplar Bluff-5 (score makes it look a lot closer than it was, NC brought in lower pitcher in the 6th up 4-1, and gave up 4 on a walks and passed balls and 1 infield hit) then walked it off with a 2 run home run in 7th.

-- Posted by thatDude on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 9:06 AM
  • Bluff vs north county was a weird game. North county threw their number 1 and bluff threw their number 2. But the pitching wasn't outstanding. North county pitcher turned it up in the 3rd while bluffs pitcher turned it down. But, both teams scored the majority of their runs on the lower pitcher. You can't bash bluff for losing a game in a walk-off win.

-- Posted by thatguy99 on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 9:38 AM
  • theres no bashing - a few corrections NC threw their #2 guy and the score was 4-1 when the better pitchers were pulled so NC scored the majority of their runs against their #2. I watched this game and it was very fast and good game until the better pitchers left and then it got weirdfor the last 2 innings - pitch count rule is interesting.

-- Posted by thatDude on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 10:04 AM
  • Im curious to see how bluff will handle Kennett after two straight L's. I haven't been able to make it out to either game, what is going on with the mules?

-- Posted by sportsfan14 on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 10:43 AM
  • it just seemed like very little offense on bluffs side - I don't know the box score but it seemed like bluff only had 5 or so hits the whole game. Defense was pretty solid, I will give kudos to their catcher, he played very well and kept the score closer by throwing out a few base runners and pick offs that could have been runs.

-- Posted by thatDude on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 12:26 PM
  • What's the story on the North County/Ste. Genevieve game?

-- Posted by Tales of the Crypt on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 3:12 PM
  • I don't think Bluff has an extra base hit yet this year, correct me if I'm wrong...

I am sure they will get it going, but I didn't and still don't think they deserved a #5 ranking to start the year.

They are solid up and down and coach will get them going.

-- Posted by insidescoop on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 4:45 PM
  • I beleive SG won in 5 innings!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 8:42 PM
  • Senath over Neelyville 4-3. 3/21

-- Posted by Oiler12 on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 5:29 AM
  • St.Gen did 10 runned NC in the valle tourney. St. gen pitched #2, hit well, and played well. NC pitched their #6,7,8 didn't hit, made errors. So they got beat, that's the facts I got. chalk it up to early season ball and learning to manage pitching in a tourney. Soemthing tells me it will be a lot different next time they meet so I hope st. gen doesn't get any false hope.

-- Posted by thatDude on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 10:21 AM
  • plus I think they looked past them because they came back with their #3/4 pitchers against Valle for a win - I think A good lesson learned of you can't look past anybody. But again its early season, pitchers need to pitch, hitters need to see pitches, coaches need to see who they can count on - Its not districts yet!

-- Posted by thatDude on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 10:28 AM
  • SG will be ok this yr, it's the next few yrs I'm interested in watching!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 11:26 AM
  • If I know Coach McDaniel, SG won't look past anyone. But they must be decent. Lost to Jackson, who many say is pretty good, 1-0 on a walkoff in the bottom of the 7th. But I'm sure Jackson threw their #7 and #9 pitcher, right Dude.

-- Posted by Tales of the Crypt on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 11:33 AM
  • tales - get the score book and look who pitched - that will tell the tale, when you look and say don't know these boys or even knew they pitched - trust me I'm not ripping on SG, but when I see NC beat Farmington, Valle, Poplar Bluff and lose to st gen like that - something says to me you didn't get their any of their top guys. On the bright side NC is seeing every bodies best which lends me to believe they'll be ready come district time. Again NC is starting only 1 senior the rest Sophmores/Juniors so this should be a good matchup for years to come.

-- Posted by thatDude on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 12:19 PM
  • Typical Raider fan.

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 1:37 PM
  • I know NC is good. And I know they did not pitch their #1 against SG. I don't think Jackson even pitched their #1 last night against SG. All I know is that looking at scores, which I do, it tells me that SG is decent this year. Not saying they will win any conference or district. Just saying that their coaching staff seems to have them ready each night. A little concerned for them that their last 2 games they have scored 1 and 0 runs.

-- Posted by Tales of the Crypt on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 2:03 PM
  • CoachKen - Raider fan??? hmmm OK. I do reside in the maaa area and am a fan of all the area teams. I have been to central and Farmington games also this year but the conversation isn't directed to them.

-- Posted by thatDude on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 2:41 PM
  • SG will be ok this year. They are still a young team . Lost Lalumandier to knee again.Feel bad for that young man he is a very good athlete.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 6:27 PM
  • HB1025 he should of gotten the surgery in August or September then he'd be 100% now, Now he's gonna proably have surgery and miss all of the summer too and not to mention lose a few big scholarship offers. As for SG they have 2 seniors now that Wyatt Is out, I think they will have a good yr possibly win a conference title but next yr and the yr after I beleive they have the pieces to possibly win a State Title! Their sophomore class is really good!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 6:59 PM
  • Bleed, it seem that you know quite a bit about SG. What are their strengths and weaknesses, Better players, etc. How will they fare against the other MAAA teams?

-- Posted by Tales of the Crypt on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 7:30 AM
  • Bleed must like SG coach or something.

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 8:03 AM
  • Or he could be a SG fan / community member or something.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 10:28 AM
  • watched a lot of the junior legion ball games last summer and there were some good games between StGen, Perryville, NC and Rock Memorial. fun to watch.

-- Posted by thatDude on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 10:39 AM
  • Mikey is a good dude its a honor to call him my friend, Not only is he a great baseball coach but a teacher and even a better person which he gets that from his Mom and Dad! Now on to SG'S baseball team. Like I've said before SG is a really young team especially now that Wyatt Is hurt! Here's a few names to watch, Derrick Morgathaler, Brady Boyer,Chad Donze (all three sophomores) are there best players IMO! Juniors Selvy (who beat out a 2 yr starter) and Toombs are pretty salty as well! As for the their weaknesses I beleive it's their defense and a lack of quality arms!! Although this team is young they have been playing together for a few yrs and have played in some big games! I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they win Conference and Distrcts

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 6:55 PM
  • Coach McDaniel does a great job getting the boys prepared. They have the potential to have a pretty good season. They do have 4 key seniors. Dalton Giesler has moved to center to captain the outfield since the loss of Wyatt. Brandon Hinson does a great job at short and Waylon Kemper and Daniel Vaeth hold down the corners. There are definitely some key sophomores on this team, and Bleed, I appreciate the kind words about Drew. He has worked hard to be the best he can be, wherever coach McDaniel puts him. Good luck to all the MAAA teams (except when playing SG). Keep them healthy!

-- Posted by Toombs on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 7:18 PM

Pardon the interruption...

Oran 13, Bloomfield 3 (6 innings)

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 7:44 PM
  • Cville 9 - Charleston 1

Cville 12 - NMCC 13

-- Posted by basketballfanatic on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 7:45 PM
  • Jackson 13 Sikeston 4

-- Posted by Braindead on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 7:51 PM
  • Your welcome your sons work ethic has really impressed me these past 2 yrs. As you know I follow SG sports very closely and have eyes and ears everywhere!It's been fun watching him grow into the athlete he is today!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 8:44 PM
  • @thatdude- Jackson started thier #2 or 3 or 4 - Jarrett Newell (2016 Hon Men All State IF) and he is on their website with a top 5 ERA last year.

(Indianhardball.com)

He was followed up by their best pitcher so far this year Drew Brown.

Colten Weber is no doubt their #1 Pitcher when healthy, but they have 5-6 legit pitchers (Dobbs, Welker, Martin, Leimbach,...) from what I have read and seen.

Toombs pitched great for Ste. Gen and Jackson can't score 10+ every game, the bats will be quiet some days.

Ste. Gen will be very competitive this year. They play good defense and can swing it.

You can find all this stuff on most teams at Gamechanger.com

-- Posted by insidescoop on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 11:48 PM
  • Why is it NOT a rule that you must play all district opponents in baseball / softball?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Mar 25, 2017, at 10:57 AM
  • Don't think its a rule in any sport

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sat, Mar 25, 2017, at 3:21 PM
  • I can see with football because that would be a scheduling nightmare every few years but why isn't it a rule like it is in other states? I know some states have a 4 team district and you play a 3 game series against the other 3 opponents. No district tournament. Top 2 advance to playoffs. Seems pretty solid to me. Don't have to worry about seeding teams you don't play.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Mar 25, 2017, at 4:06 PM
  • Bernie beat Portageville 3-2 off of a walk off base hit.

-- Posted by dogwwod123 on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 2:46 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: