College Basketball Recruiting/Grab Bag No. 4

Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 30, 2016, at 12:26 PM:

Jordan Geist has committed to Missouri. JUCO all American PG. Guess Mizzou may try and use all 3 scholarships, because I still think they'd like a big man.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Apr 15, 2016, at 6:49 PM

From the Jordan Brand classic I can't wait to see Monk and Fox in Blue next year!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Apr 16, 2016, at 11:10 AM

Me either! Co-MVPs of the game. And Bam could end up being better than both of them. He has Dwight Howard shoulders.

Bolden announcement should be any day. Was rumored to be last week at JBC. He was on ESPN with Giles and Tatum (would have been perfect time to announce for Duke). Then supposed to be yesterday, his birthday. Now sometime this week at his school. He's got the most Brett Favre decision making I've seen haha. I still think it's Duke. I think his family is really pushing Duke. If it's Duke, I think UK goes all in on Jarrett Allen and try's to get him out of Texas.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 18, 2016, at 9:14 AM

Calipari surprise in home visit alert! Coach Cal has been hitting the recruiting trail hard the past couple of weeks. Probably seen a dozen players UK is recruiting. It was reported that he will be visiting with a guy in Florida today, but now it's being reported he will be visiting with 5 star SG John Petty in Alabama today. Petty has been seen as a heavy UK lean and his crystal ball is 99% UK. Could he be the first piece to fall into the 2017 recruiting class?

I've seen Petty play, his really good. Would be a great first piece.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 18, 2016, at 11:03 AM

Big man Cheickna Dembele will take an official to Mizzou next weekend. He's the one I butchered his name a few posts up. Could be the last piece of Mizzou's recruiting class.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 3:47 PM

Eron Gordon will be there that day too. Reminder he's the little brother of NBA's Eric Gordon

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 6:28 PM

I don't always respond, but I always appreciate the info Buck!!

Keep it coming!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 11:13 PM

Oh thanks so much, appreciate it!

Even though people hate on AAU, now is definitely the most exciting recruiting time, when coaches are out the most, and when players get their star grades.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 10:53 AM

I always like seeing which players choose anywhere but Kentucky!

Since Buck is the UK network correspondent!

I liked what someone said back a few weeks ago... He should start a UK of Die only thread!

Ready to see Bolden pick something other than Lexington and it looks like his family really wants Duke, but with the return of Jefferson on a medical redshirt he could try his luck beating out other freshman at UK. Looks like UK will have 5 or 6 that can play PF/C and Duke will have 5 so this could be close!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 11:30 AM

Fair enough haha.

Yeah I'm ready for Bolden to pick as well. And it's not really the time of year thing, because often recruits will choose a school in May, it's the deadline thing. It seems like there have been so many deadlines around his recruitment that have been broken. I don't think he would have trouble carving out a starting spot on either team. Yeah I've heard he is better friends with UK's guys, but Mom likes Duke. I still think he goes to the Devils.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 11:46 AM

Replies (391)

I normally make a new one who we reach 400 posts.

Well no Bolden decision this week. Although 3 Duke sports writers have changed their crystal ball picks to Kentucky. "Swaggy Cal" has also released two hilarious work out videos the past few days. I still haven't heard when a decision might be made.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 30, 2016, at 12:29 PM
  • Mizzou had a visit for Dembele set up but he committed and signed at UNLV today before his visit ended.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Apr 30, 2016, at 7:52 PM

Yep, so that kinda screwed that up. And I really thought Mizzou had a shot a him. But he's going to be able to go to UNLV and pretty much be one of the stars with their mass exodus of every scholarship player but 2.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 30, 2016, at 10:46 PM
  • Seeing as both Porters are headed to Romar, this should give perspective as to how far hoops has fallen. How much of a slam dunk should it have been to get them? The dad was a coach of his daughters at Zou!! KA is a respected alum!! KA offered him a lucrative coaching deal!! This shows that for the LONG haul hoops will continue to be irrelevant and an SEC doormat. No legitimate game changers want to be associated with Zou.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, May 9, 2016, at 12:17 PM

Yeah, that was about as close to slam dunk has there should have been. Someone will get on here and argue it wasn't, but really that would have been pretty close to a slam dunk.

Have you seen the Zou softball deal? Now they are under protest against the AD for some reason.

They released their enrollment numbers, and they have had a freshman drop off in enrollment only seen by Tulane after Hurricane Katrina.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 9, 2016, at 2:17 PM
  • So you guys think he should have jumped all the other assistant coaches because he has 2 sons who can play ball?

Mizzou needs more than two players and the assumption that they would come because their dad was an assistant coach would still in my opinion be a 50pct chance. Besides Porter is going to be one and done, so he wont even play with his brother in college.

Not saying Mizzou couldn't use them, obviously great players and don't need their dad to get them to that level. I just think renting a coach like Kansas, Memphis, and now Washington is dirty tactic and shows no respect to other assistants on staff.

At the end of the day this staff has put together in my opinion a pretty good team of 4 yr players for next yr and 2 yrs from now. Hopefully KA will get to finish what he cleaned up, because I don't think their are many elite coaches wanting that Mizzou job right now anyway.

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Mon, May 9, 2016, at 4:55 PM

Oh no I definitely think it's a pretty shady tactic. I was just saying if said tactic was used, it would have been as close to a slam dunk as Mizzou was going to get.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 9, 2016, at 5:16 PM
  • Agree Buck

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Mon, May 9, 2016, at 6:03 PM

As a fan of all schools not Kentucky(SORRY BUCK), Duke fan(Mostly cause of Coach K) and a fan of the college game/overall recruiting process. I wish Duke and UK would pull their offers to Bolden and say THANKS, BUT NO THANKS!!!

This is getting ridiculous!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 9:38 AM

It's cool haha

We can agree on that. I'm about to the point where I'm like you guys can just have him haha. The only tinny tiny bit of info that I've heard is his school is have like a "college announcement day" next week for any sports or military kid in the school to announce their school or military branch and have a little ceremony. Could he announce then with his classmates? Who knows, but precident says no so I doubt it. I'm kind of thinking he must be waiting until the draft deadline. Don't know why though, both schools will have a scholarship for him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 9:51 AM

I think he is just MILKING it... I understand the College Announcement Day event, but just TELL PEOPLE THAT!!!

He is coming across as a selfish, needy, attention seeking d0ucheb@g!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 11:00 AM

Agreed. It was like definitely decide my February, definitely decide by end of high school season, definitely decide by McDonalds AA Game, definitely decide by my birthday, and on and on and on and on....

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 11:53 AM
  • It'd be interesting to know how Coach Cal and Coach K feel about him now. I guess if he's awesome theyre willing to put up with it.

I agree hiring kids dads as assistants is shady but as a Zou alum I'm willing to try anything at this point. Poor KA just has to battle the ginormous black cloud over the spineless and idiotic heads in the administration and ath dept. When ur softball team plays in protest and calls out the AD for "handling the football strike in the worst way imagineable and now handling the softball Coach's situation in an even worse way", you realize what a joke its become. It'll be years before the black cloud clears, if ever. I compare it to Penn St football's black cloud, except Zou's black cloud covers the ENTIRE institution.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 1:15 PM

Well with the final rankings that came out today, he's the No.1 center in the nation. And he really shinned in various All-Star games against other AS's (I haven't watched him in person) So I guess they are will to put up with the annoying wait. But they have to be a little irritated with the two staffs trading some jabs on social media.

Yeah, it's a bit shady, but legal. And after Haith Mizzou has pretty much got to try anything. I hate this whole Zou debacle. It's definitely hurting the entire institution with Hurricane Katrina like numbers. While I may not be a Mizzou sports fanatic, I certainly root for them and have colleagues, friends, and family members who are graduates. And it's good for the state of Missouri, it's our state university representation.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 1:49 PM

Porter Sr. moving quickly?? Leech has been offered by Washington. His biggest scholly offer so far in my opinion.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 10, 2016, at 10:51 PM
  • Sounds like Washington will be a force to be reckoned with, and soon.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 12:02 AM

I agree Indian, they will. Also got an answer to your question. It's a yes, he's definitely in!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 12:18 AM
  • Great to hear Buck!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 7:38 AM

I do believe Porter Sr's hire was strictly a move toward getting both brothers, but I know it will be spun by the Washington folks that it wasn't. But one aspect of the hire that I didn't think of, is as a parent of two elite players on the EYLB, playing at times in two different age categories, Porter Sr. has seen a crap load of players. Because that parent would end up seeing more players than a coach probably would. So he would add some recruiting knowledge right of the bat just from being a parent at all these games. That's just something I hadn't considered.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 8:07 AM

http://dukereport.com/duke-basketball-recruiting/talking-marques-bolden-with-joh...

Good insider look of how Duke writers feel about the chance of Bolden coming to Cameron!

If Lee stays at UK he could be a Devil! If Lee goes NBA he could be a Cat!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 10:18 AM

Probably looking that way. Based on Lee's interview, it kind of sounded like he wants to stay in the draft. Even though I don't think he will be drafted. (Could be a good stash and play kind of guy for some NBA team, and rumors are he might be leaning that way). But again, I don't think these insider guys know much, they're just grasping at straws at this point.

Bolden's prom was two weeks ago, heard he hasn't decided on who he's going to take yet.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 10:44 AM

LOL

Is it down to his top 2 choices for Prom?

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 10:49 AM

I believe so. Twins.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 11:32 AM
  • Bahaha good one Buck-Major!!

Good news Zou fans!! We found a pearl, a secret weapon!! Here's the latest (and only) press release on a new Zou recruit!! Djordjije Sljivancanin!!!!!!! Im sure Buck has had him on radar for years!!!

Sljivancanin came to the U.S. to play for IMG's boarding school team, but apparently an injury slowed his development. We know that because we found this passage on the Internet: "Đorđe Šljivančanin nakon rehabilitacije prednjih ukrštenih ligamenata svoju karijeru nastavlja na IMG akademiji."

That sounds ominous. Also, one of his recruiting profiles erroneously listed him at 6-foot-11 and 142 pounds. He is tall, yes, but not emaciated.

Some old video from his days in the Ukraine program proves he elevates much higher than incumbent Mizzou center Russell Woods, so he has that going for him. If he signs on, he will definitely need to embrace an easy-to-spell nickname.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 11:34 AM

Not going to lie. I kind of thought you were joking at first lol. Until I looked him up.

Here's some highlights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYeyLYdWwE

Mizzou desperately needs a big guy, he could be the diamond in the rough. But it looks like some other schools may be warming up to him as well as some pro European teams. But if he's already over here, he may be looking to go college route. Despite the injury, if he got into IMG he's no slouch. Very good school, so those coaches saw some potential there.

Mizzou has 2 things to be thankful for though. They aren't the dumpster fire that is UK's women's hoops, and currently Deleware has 4 scholarship player, no coach, and no athletic director.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 11, 2016, at 11:48 AM
  • The Blue Hens are bummn Buck!!

Wow looks like the Ukraine dudes got some range to go with his post play, thanx for the vid!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 11:22 AM

Hey no problem! He's an interesting prospect.

Few interesting statements for Calipari's press conference yesterday.

Said if a player wanted to wait until Septemner to come on campus, he would be okay with that. (Comment clearly directed at Bolden). So I guess that answers 50% of your question Ciri on what the coaches think.

Also had some comments that seemed directed towards Bolden's mom.

Said he thinks Lee is staying in the draft. Calipari is normally pretty tight lipped about draft stuff, leaving it all to the player. So if he made that comment, you have to think Lee really will stay in draft. (Must have a promise from some team to sign him after draft and stash overseas).

At the combine yesterday Tyler Ulis measured in at 5'8.75".

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 12:00 PM

Heard Del Bogan was transferring? Not sure if he has selected his next school, but would hate to see him go from a D-I(even if it isn't great) down to a D-II, JUCO or worse NAIA.

He is better than that if you ask me!

Have you heard anything on this Buck?

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 1:11 PM

Just smidges.

On a semi related note, PB's Chris Stocks will be continuing his playing career at Austin Peay. Congrats to him!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 1:21 PM

That's awesome!!! Glad he is going somewhere! Had one of the highest BASKETBALL IQ's I've seen in a high school athlete.

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM
  • New coach at JSU?

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 2:59 PM

Yep, Ray Harper. Signed 6 new players (3 guards) and two new assistant coaches.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 3:35 PM

Read an interview a Washington reporter did with Leech. These are the other schools mentioned showing interest in Leech. "Leech is also hearing from Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Ohio State, Ole Miss and North Carolina"

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 12, 2016, at 9:04 PM

Hearing that Lane Below of TRCC(Advance) is walking on at Ole Miss!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 1:32 PM

That's awesome!

The saga will end, and the college announcement day theory was correct. Bolden will sign with a school tomorrow at 9 am

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 3:51 PM
  • Ray Harper is a heck of a hire for any OVC school. He is used to winning big and I expect his new school to be at the top of the OVC fairly soon.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 4:25 PM

I give up. Bolden's school tweeted he has changed it to Thursday for family reasons. All other students will sign tomorrow. Is this just a joke now or?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 6:21 PM
  • After all this silliness I'm not sure he is worth the trouble Buck? May have all the talent in the world but what kind of problems might his odd actions bring to a program?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 7:29 PM

He's definitely and odd duck lol. But like coach Cal said, I guess he is talented enough to wait for. One interesting thing, letters of intent have to be signed by Wednesday. So technically if someone leaks we could find out before Thursday.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 8:23 PM
  • In this day with all the outlets for info, I'd bet we will know before Thursday then!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 9:00 PM
  • Also cool to see KAT named rookie of the year!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, May 16, 2016, at 9:18 PM

With social media, all these sports reporters, and dealing with high school kids, I'd agree. I think there's a good chance we find out sooner.

Yes that's awesome! And a unanimous vote at that!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 8:42 AM

Pretty busy news day.

Being reported that Marcus Lee has canceled like four NBA workouts. Is he returning to school after being pretty adamant about staying in draft? Did he get a promise from another team? Did he learn Bolden is going to Duke and knows he ha a spot? Who knows, the Internet is freaking out.

UK's official Twitter and Instagram followed Bolden and people are freaking out.

Calipari is getting his own 30 for 30 in the fall and people are freaking out.

Isiaiah Briscoe has met with several NBA teams now, and meeting with more every day. Could it be a flip flop of popular opinions and he goes and Lee stays?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 10:58 AM
  • Like sands through the hourglass....

These are...

The Days of Our Lives

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 12:25 PM

Hahahahaha!

I think Bolden is just young and restless. He needs to just follow his guiding light and search for tomorrow.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 1:33 PM

I figured he is "BOLDEN" Beautiful!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 2:13 PM

How did we not think of that one yet LOL!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 2:22 PM
  • Bahahaha!! Well played, gentlemen, well played!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 4:20 PM
  • How crazy is it that three iconic franchises, Sixers, Lakers and Celtics, have the top three picks in the draft lottery?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 8:21 PM

While your playoff teams come from Cleveland, Toronto. Oklahoma City, and Oakland. Go figure!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 8:40 PM
  • Exactly! It's crazy. The Sixers so bad for this long, the Lakers being this bad at all? At least the Celtics are heading in a decent direction.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 8:59 PM
  • Makes me appreciate how the Spurs have sustained their success over such a long period of time!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, May 17, 2016, at 9:02 PM

Yeah Pop has a good system figured out.

Hearing Charles Matthews may transfer from Kentucky. So there is Bolden's scholarship should he pick UK.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 18, 2016, at 9:07 AM

It's official, he is transferring. Was going to be tough to get minutes next year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 18, 2016, at 9:41 AM

Literally 0% Bolden news leaked out last night after midnight. Last I heard neither staff had been notified. And technically he may not have, you don't have to sign a LOI, just scholarship papers, which can be signed months from now.

Only two rumors were floating around. Bolden followed Coach Cal's son Brad Calipari who will be playing at UK next year on Twitter yesterday. And a young lady who is a UK fan. And reports from people in Texas are saying he's been wearing a lot of Duke clothing lately. So those were the two things that were being shopped around.

Announcement at 1:30 today. And that's straight from Bolden, so hopefully official. I'm still thinking Duke

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 8:07 AM

I'm saying Kentucky! Cause I don't want the drama at Durham!

He seems like he could be all about himself and will not buy into the system Coach K runs. He reminds me of the Bynum days in NBA when he thought he was the best center in the game and was only worried about himself!

This might be the only time I cheer for UK in my life! Not that I don't think Bolden is a good ball player... I just think he will be a more of a headache than help!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 8:57 AM
  • Zou lost their Ukranian uberman to UNLV. This is second big man theyve lost to Rebs in less than a month. Zou will not come close to ten wins. Bye bye KA. Not all ur fault.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 9:59 AM

I'm just patiently waiting on the "no we meant May 19th, 2017" announcement.

Dang. And Corprew committed to Texas A&M yesterday. But I kind of saw that one coming. Yep not all his fault, but got to think he's probably gone.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 10:45 AM

https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Showed up with a TCU Basketball shirt on???

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 1:27 PM

He's such a troll. Please be Duke lol

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 1:37 PM

DUKE it is... DANG IT!!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 1:46 PM

Wish he would've gone to TCU!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 1:47 PM

Headache avoided haha. Whew...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 1:52 PM

He better be all dat and a bag of chips!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 19, 2016, at 3:47 PM

Michael Porter Jr's top five: Missouri, Washington, Indiana, Virginia and Oklahoma.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 9:05 PM

I would have to say that the school with his daddy on staff would have to be best chance! He did put Mizzou first in his comments. So, maybe KA has made an impression on him!

Only time will tell! I just don't see him moving to Washington and then coming back to COMO for basketball. Unless Mizzou can get some of his AAU teammates on board too!

If I was KA I would offer the starting 5 for Porter's AAU team and go big with the continue playing together route.

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 9:35 AM

Yeah Washington is the clear favorite. But that would certainly be one way to go. There are some college's who have taken the offer the whole 5 AAU or high school team route.

UCLA just signed the biggest appareal deal in college sports history. $280 million for 15 years with Under Armour. UCLA's basketball team had been living off of recruits from the Adidas circuit. Going to have to do some actual recruiting now.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 9:47 AM
  • Geez Buck, i'd wear nothn but UA for like a million for 15yrs. They'd a saved 179 mill.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 11:48 AM
  • 279!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 11:49 AM
  • Lil off topic but hooda thunk a Raptor-Thunder Finals would ever be possible? Especially after the beatdown the Raps took at the Kings Palace? Anythings possible now...

The Thunder are lookn mighty solid rite now!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 11:55 AM

To quote UCLA QB Josh Rosen "we're still amateurs though...Gotta love non-profits"

Isn't that crazy! Two games away from a Toronto/OKC championship and the ensuing NBA executive freak out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 12:40 PM
  • As long as the Queen doesn't win i'm ok with who ever it is.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 1:35 PM
  • Haha! Yah how many years has it been since Cav fans were burning his jersey and elevating him to Hitler infamy? The "mistake by the lake" is begging him for a title now. I'd much rather see them finally get a championship than, oh say, the Cubbies!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 24, 2016, at 3:02 PM

Last day NCAA will allow you to pull your name out of the draft is today. Still waiting on UK's Briscoe and Marcus Lee.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 25, 2016, at 8:18 AM

Isaiah Briscoe tweets he's back!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 25, 2016, at 10:45 AM

And Marcus Lee announces he has withdrawn from the draft but will transfer to a school out west to be closer to his family in California. He will take a year to regroup and then be eligible to play, might be best for Lee. Will give him two years now to get ready for draft.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 25, 2016, at 11:14 AM

Bet UNLV, St Mary's and San Jose State jump ALL OVER HIM!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, May 25, 2016, at 11:32 AM

Yeah I bet so too! All with a good chance of landing him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 25, 2016, at 12:05 PM

Have heard that Baylor, Georgia Tech, Iowa St., and Kansas have reached out to Marcus Lee so far. Don't think any of those will meet his west coast desires. I would also add USC and Gonzaga to your list Kool-Aid

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 26, 2016, at 9:34 AM

Gonzaga would be a great fit for Lee...

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, May 26, 2016, at 1:14 PM
  • I'd love to see Lee at Gonzaga. My second favorite team!

Follow in Wiltjers footsteps to a great end to his career!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, May 26, 2016, at 7:08 PM

Yeah that would be a good fit. Hearing California is heavily in the mix for him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, May 27, 2016, at 9:22 AM
  • Heck if heez considering the Zags he awtta check out Lorenzo. Gonna have 2 Porter studs soon amongst other talent. But I bet he goes somewhere in Cali, family ties can be pretty strong for kids.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, May 27, 2016, at 11:34 AM

Yep, big Southern California beach volleyball guy. Gotta think USC, Cal, SDSU, and maybe UNLV are front runners.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, May 27, 2016, at 7:55 PM

Announced yesterday that Malik Newman will be transferring from Mississippi St. He will instantly go to the #1 available transfer. He was projected to be the #5 NBA draft pick his senior, until choosing MIss St. and now being projected as mid 2nd rounder. He was really big on being one and done. Really big. I just can't see him sitting out a year somewhere. But the funny thing is he can't transfer to a JUCO to play immediately because they haven't changed their rule and since he declared for the draft, he is ineligible to transfer to a JUCO (expect California for some odd reason, their JUCO rules are different.) Also I'm sure Miss St. will restrict him from any SEC school. But I've heard through the grapevine he may not have even gone to class any. So might not be academically eligible to transfer to another D-1. So he's really in a rock and a hard space. He was always rumored as an oversees guy. So maybe that route for a year?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 31, 2016, at 2:02 PM

He could come to SEMO... Coach Ray could make something look good!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Tue, May 31, 2016, at 2:59 PM

Yeah Miss St. pretty much got rid of Ray to accommodate Newman (that's my theory, others can argue against it and I wouldn't fight it), and he lasted 1 year there and didn't really help them at all the one year he was there. I do think they could be a tourney team this year though bad he stayed.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 31, 2016, at 4:00 PM

One of California's top returning players, Jordan Matthews, is graduating and transferring. Would free up a scholarship for Marcus Lee.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 31, 2016, at 4:39 PM
  • It's crazy how the story of Newman has developed. My bet is he goes out of the country and takes a shot at the draft after that.

He could probably make some good money, get his stats up and make his family happy back in the US.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, May 31, 2016, at 11:27 PM

Yes, I could definitely see the overseas route in his future. Head to China, Germany, or Isreal or somewhere, make some cash, and then come back and get drafted.

I haven't heard a list of schools or anything that he is considering. When he committed out of high school he only had like 2 non SEC schools on his list. I'll post if I hear anything.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 1, 2016, at 9:35 AM

Early ones I've heard are NC State and Kansas for Newman. They were the other two on his list that weren't SEC schools.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 1, 2016, at 10:44 AM

You may have called that one Ciri, Marcus Lee visiting Washington today. Visited Cal yesterday. Wouldn't be able to play until 2017-18, when a certain coaches son could be arriving.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 1, 2016, at 10:54 AM
  • Lucky guess haha!!

Who ya got going top 3-5 in draft and whens the draft commence?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 9:28 AM

The draft is June 23rd, so getting close. In no order I'll say UK's Jamal Murray, Kris Dunn, and the someone takes a chance on international Dragan Bender in those 3,4,5 spots. Now I'll qualify that as the draft currently stands. If the Sixers start doing some Nerlens Noel for Jeff Teaugue deals, then maybe not so guard heavy. Washingon's Marquese Chriss and Cal's Jaylen Brown are my sleepers.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 11:47 AM

I'm seeing if fall like this...

#1) Ingram

#2) Simmons

#3) Bender

#4) Hield

#5) Dunn

#6) Brown

#7) Murray

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 12:07 PM

Good list. I bumped Hield behind your 5,6,7 because some nba scouts have reported he's not looking real athletic in his work outs. He's also a few years older than these guys. And they're saying Chriss has had mind boggling workouts.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 1:26 PM

I have the rest of my top 10 as this...

#8) Poeltl - Utah

#9) Criss - Wash.

#10)Davis - Mich. St. Or Ellenson Marq.

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 1:59 PM

Really cool article about this 15 year old kid who knows where most high profile recruits are going before anyone else does. Thought some might be interested in reading and finding out how he does it.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2016/06/06/where-5-st...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 7, 2016, at 1:13 PM
  • Very interesting story! The power of social media these days is amazing. This kid has a bright future! I'd have to believe he will be an agent for one of these guys some day!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jun 7, 2016, at 11:22 PM

I think so too! And EVERYONE uses these photos. I think it's cool also that some of these company's are even contacting him to do work for them.

Mizzou had 7'1 JUCO big guy Link Kabadyundi on an official visit yesterday. Still trying to add that big man to the roster, maybe this is the guy. Did well in JUCO.

Ben Simmons inked his Nike deal yesterday (surprise surprise, his whole life has been Nike products). Supposed to be $12 million for 5 years. What is surprising though is it looks like Addidas probably offered a little more than double what Nike did. The way it was structured he could have made $25 million or so over 5 years. It would be tough to turn down $13 million, Nike must have had some major pull. Sidenote: 71 of the ESPN top 100 players released yesterday play on the Nike AAU circuit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 8, 2016, at 8:28 AM

Didn't he play for TCU?

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, Jun 8, 2016, at 10:24 AM

He did yes. Then transfer to Blinn. The JUCO Cam Newton has made famous.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 8, 2016, at 10:53 AM

Leech received his biggest offer thus far, from Kansas. Just took an unofficial visit there. Blue bloods!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 8, 2016, at 8:23 PM

Did y'all know Michael Jordan makes over $100 million a year from royalties off his Jordan brand. $100 million a year!! He made $90 million his entire playing career. That's mind boggling. No one in the NBA makes that much from shoes. So he doesn't even play anymore and still has the largest shoe deal haha (by a lot actually)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 10, 2016, at 10:06 PM

Marcus Lee will transfer and sit a year at California. Best of luck to him!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jun 11, 2016, at 9:07 PM
  • Happy for Lee and if he can get in some beach volleyball also...well that's a great bonus!!

Also the new IndianPride brand shoes should be out soon!!

Hoping it goes just marginally as well as it did for Jordan!! Haha!!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jun 12, 2016, at 10:14 PM

I'm just saying I'd buy a pair! But now they can't all be red and white, you got to throw a green and gold color way in there too haha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 13, 2016, at 12:12 AM
  • Done deal Buck!! No doubt they will both be the top sellers!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Jun 13, 2016, at 11:05 PM
  • Gotta get Spike Lee to do a promo forya IP. Buck has connections, he'll gittrdun!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 14, 2016, at 10:50 AM
  • Hey ciri! It's gotta be the shoes!! Haha!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jun 14, 2016, at 10:26 PM

Well Spike has his own Jordan line, and I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm guessing MJ pays more than IP and I can hahahaha!! Can I interest you in a different Lee, how about former Chaminade player David Lee lol!

Well it's past midnight eastern time, college coaches can now officially call and text juniors in high school.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 14, 2016, at 11:12 PM
  • Yes, its gotta be the shoes!!

Hey Buck i saw on an ESPN scroll lasnite that a scribe has Skal going #11 in a mock draft. He had another UK player going #6 but it scrolled so fast i cant remember the players name :(

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 11:35 AM
  • Looking back up to the previous lists on posts, i now remember it was Murray!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 11:56 AM

Yep, seeing Murray anywhere from #3 to the Celtics (where he would fit in well), to about the 6 or 7 range. Skal is still a mystery to me. I have no idea where he goes. Some have 11, some have mid teens, so low 20's. Heard some scouts say these people might as well throw their mock drafts away because this is the most unpredictable year ever. One example, normally they invite 20 something people to draft green room. This year 14. They have no idea who's getting picked.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 3:08 PM

Leech was offered by the University of Miami. THEUUUU

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 10:41 PM
  • I think when its all said and done the list of nonoffers will be much shorter than the offer list!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 11:12 PM
  • A bit of fun info for you UK fans from a STL P-D article on the best visiting players to have played vs Zou at COMO:

2013-14

Kentucky 84, MU 79: As usual, the Wildcats were loaded, highlighted by NBA first-rounders Julius Randle (18 points), James Young (20) and Willie Cauley-Stein, who was scoreless in seven minutes off the bench.

2014-15

Kentucky 69, MU 53: Five years from now we might be talking about Karl-Anthony Towns (seven points) as the greatest player to face the Tigers in Columbia. He wasn't much of a factor in this game but would become the No. 1 overall NBA draft pick by Minnesota and captured Rookie of the Year honors. Point guard Tyler Ulis, then just a freshman, added six points off the bench. He'd win SEC player of the year as a sophomore.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:25 AM
  • Ten years ago we actually beat Steph Curry when he was a Frosh!! Course that was back in the day when alums werent embarrassed to be associated with an institution that caved in to fake protests and boycotts, but that is another matter.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:47 AM

Wow cool info!! Thanks!

Tonight is going to be crazy!! No one knows where anybody is going lol. Hearing some teams have pulled Thon Maker off their board because they think he is 23-24 not 19 as reported. And reports of NBA teams not being able to get a birth certificate. Also now a yearbook photo circulating around that shows he graduated in like 2011. I will try to put out my mock lottery draft today and see oh far off I can get hahaha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 1:10 PM
  • Cool info ciri! Buck! You are so right as always! Crazy night! Maker goes at 10 no matter how old! Skal still waiting at pick 25.

Seems to be the year of the international players.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 9:21 PM

Yeah, total smoke screen put out on Maker! Insisted he is 19 in post draft interviews. Skal to Kings now and joins 3 other Wildcats.

14 international players. Most ever. Weak draft, so take risks on stash and play guys. Will have more thoughts on this crazy draft so far later!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:12 PM

WOAH!!! Ulis to Suns!! Ulis and Booker back together baby. 5 UK backcourt players now on the Suns. Incredible.

Now to see if Poythress gets drafted. Not really in any mocks, but some believe he will sneak in. And if not have an instant deal after draft

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:21 PM

Tyler Ulis is tied with Nate Robinson as being shortest player drafted in last 16 years. West Lexington will enjoy him!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:25 PM
  • Definitely cool for UK alums in the NBA!

Related to that though....will Cousins ever grow up and be a leader? His constant negativity toward his team and his tweet tonight about the draft really bother me personally.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:25 PM

Probably not. I wish he could get off of the Kings. Might not help, but I'd still like to see it. Don't think that environment helps matters at all.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 10:48 PM

Poythress goes undrafted but has reached a deal to play with the Orlando Magic during the summer league.

SEMO's Tony Anderson also undrafted.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 11:38 PM
  • I couldnt believe all the foreign players drafted!! Sorry for my ignorance but were they all projected to get drafted so high?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jun 24, 2016, at 12:05 AM

No, many weren't. Probably all drafted, but not as high as they were. New first round record. My thinking is this was such a weak draft, that they could take a high risk on a guy who hadn't played against much competition. And they could use the stash method on a forgein guy already playing overseas, rather than pick a U.S. guy who probably isn't going to play on the team anyways. I just think they felt they could take more risk. You also saw teams with multiple picks, and they felt they could use some of those on more unknown international guys. Very interesting draft.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 24, 2016, at 12:56 AM
  • Heres the international specifics you were referring to guys:

STL P-D

The picks included the first Austrian (Utah center Jakob Poeltl, No. 9 to Toronto), the highest Greek player ever drafted (Georgios Papagiannis, No. 13, Phoenix, rights dealt to Sacramento), two Croatians (Dragan Bender, No. 4 to Phoenix and Ante Zizic, No. 23, Boston), and two players from the Caribbean (Buddy Hield, Bahamas, No. 6 to New Orleans; and Skal Labissiere, Haiti, No. 28, picked by Phoenix but dealt to Sacramento).

The NBA said there were 26 international players selected, surpassing the record of 21 set in 2003.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jun 24, 2016, at 3:04 PM
  • How'd y'all think the Lakers did? Its amazing how awful theyve become, I would guess its gonna take tons of FA acquistions along with salty draft picks to reverse course. Hard to believe they are every bit as bad as the Sixers, oh my!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jun 24, 2016, at 3:09 PM
  • Ciri. No doubt it's hard to imagine two iconic teams have sunken so low.

The Lakers in particular seem to have settled for being terrible to allow Kobe to have his swan song.

I don't know if that's right or wrong. Just my thought.

Ingram should be a very good pro. I guess you can only get so many generational players in your history.

The Lakers have had their share.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Jun 24, 2016, at 10:20 PM

Well, I'm not real high on anyone in this draft. If someone comes turns out to be All-Star game MVP from this draft, then I will come back and gladly eat my words. But I think the Lakers did as good as they possibly could. Ingram was the consensus #2, and the Lakers didn't pull a last year and they took him. Can he and Russell co-exist? Two very ball dominate players? Maybe. I tend to lean the other way. I also think by first game of the season Russell will not be on the Lakers roster. I think Clarkson can handle the spot just fine.

Zubac I like. I think Lakers got a bit a steal. He was a piece they were needing. And I think he fits well with Randle and help take some of the burden off of him. Now the Lakers will pursue someone like Hassan Whiteside (which Russell will probably be somehow involved in, just think he burned to many bridges there). A rotation of Randle, Zubac, and Whiteside would be nice. Randle your athletic, powerful guy, but a bit small and not a shot blocker. Zubac, big bruiser, physical, traditional center, not extremely athletic, and Whiteside your quick, athletic, shot blocker.

And I think the roster has 6 guys in their second year or under. That's getting close to half the roster. And if you only count guys who actually touch the floor that's more than half. So they are young and half potential. If they can pick up a couple nice FA's they will be in the mix in coming years imo. (It's just will the Wolves, Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets reach that level in the west first)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jun 26, 2016, at 12:46 PM

Thatch was offered by SLU. Arguably his biggest offer so far.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 27, 2016, at 10:36 AM
  • Yay for Fred!!

And on a more somber note from Hungerstrike U:

COLUMBIA, MO. * The Missouri basketball team is less than five weeks away from its 10-day trip to Italy, and Kim Anderson still isn't sure if his roster is complete. The Tigers are still recruiting some prospects to finish off the 2016 recruiting class, Anderson said on Monday's SEC coaches conference call.

One possible candidate is off the market: Quinnipiac graduate transfer Gio McLean reportedly signed with Texas Tech.

"At some point the pool of players will dry up and there won't be anybody left," Anderson said. "I do think there are some guys out there we're actively pursuing. To give you a date (when we'd stop looking), I'd probably say late July, early August. If we haven't used them (the scholarships) by then we'd probably hold onto them.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jun 27, 2016, at 3:54 PM
  • Poor KA cant get anyone to go to Prom with him and the dance is tomorrow nite!!

RIP KA Era

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jun 27, 2016, at 3:55 PM
  • Well when it's been 25+ weeks since Mizzou imposed it's own penalties for the former staff and still nothing from NCAA on if penalties are acceptable like the 1 scholarship lost. I'm sure it's going to have to be the "right player" for Anderson to give any more scholarships this season. But I'm sure you know more about how this recruiting works than me, just my observation.

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Mon, Jun 27, 2016, at 5:52 PM
  • Just curious does anyone know what pick the kid from SEMO that declared for the draft was ?

-- Posted by semobbfan on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 7:39 AM
  • He didn't get drafted

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 9:13 AM

Pat Summitt mind blowing fun facts:

She never had a losing season

She never missed the NCAA tournament

Every player from 1976-2011 played in a final 4.

Every player in her 38 years who completed their eligibility graduated. Every single one.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 10:33 AM
  • She deserves a statue outside the White House or Capitol

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 12:55 PM

Also saw where when she was first hired she was paid $250 a month, drove the bus, and washed the teams uniforms.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 1:21 PM

Finally, Mizzou has added their last piece, a big man. 6'10 Jakoby Kemp has committed to the Tigers. A guy with good potential.

Highlights

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/181502

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 6:28 PM
  • He thought he was signing with UMKC, not UMC! But he didnt realize his huge gaffe until the ink dried. He needs all of Semoballnation's prayers, poor guy.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 28, 2016, at 10:36 PM

Haha too funny! What I'm about to say hopefully doesn't get me banded from semoball/talking about basketball, but he is going through a similar situation that Anthony Davis did. He grew a bunch of inches really fast. So he has some nice guard skills and touch for a big guy. Might not be first year impact, but lots of potential.

Now for a few thoughts that I've been having lately.

First, NBA draft. Just look at Ciri's stats listed above. 26 international guys. That's dang near half of the draft. Guys in the green room were getting passed up by random 15 letter last name guys out of the stands. Throw in one-and-dones (lets say 15) and that's almost 70% of the draft. Getting more and more difficult to do anything positive from a draft perspective by staying 4 years in college. You will get passed over by a potential guy or a younger guy.

Which sort of leads to my next thought. With guys like Thon Maker spending a 5th high school year at a prep school and being deemed eligible to enter the draft. I think that decision was bigger than people realize. Players like Skal went to college for a year where his basketball IQ and work ethic were exposed. Highlight reel sensation Maker was able to hide a prep school and get picked top 10 in the draft (I've watched Thon and Skal play against each other both in person and on TV, and Skal absolutely dominated him.). You have to think more kids will start to take this prep school route right? I'm not saying the flood gates will open, but I think we will see more take this tactic and it become a big loop hole in coming years.

Which leads me to another loop hole. One of my favorite high school players and probably best dunker I've ever seen in person, Terrance Ferguson announced today that he will not be going to college at Arizona but will instead play professional overseas for a year. Ferguson first committed to Alabama, then Arizona, and now overseas. Ferguson went to Prime Prep in Texas, Deon Sanders prep school that got shut down for academic reasons. Same school that Mudiay went to and when it was looking like he wasn't going to qualify at SMU, choose to go to China. So now that makes Jennings, Mudiay, and Ferguson. He will be a first round pick regardless. I think this will be a route we see kids start to do every year.

Now for good ole basketball powerhouse Western Kentucky. They landed a commitment from the 5 star #11 player in the nation yesterday. No, you don't have to go back and reread, I correctly typed Western Kentucky. Why WKU, well could be that his godfather is on the staff. So Ben Simmons (even though he had all kinds of stuff, godfather at LSU and sister hired by his future agent's firm). Be interesting to see how Porter Sr. turns out at Washington. And even if Michael doesn't go (which I think he will), they already have Jontay who is one of the best players in his class. He often gets over shadowed.

Kind of glad we aren't Washington high school basketball fans, because people are freaking out about the Porter's. The high school they will be attending sucked, so they got rid of their coach, hired former NBA player Brandon Roy, and landed the Porter Brothers making them an instant high school championship contender. People are pretty furious haha.

Change of subject thought. Body parts washed ashore today near Olympic volley ball courts in Rio. They have declared an economic state of emergency, their president is about to be ousted, and they have horrible Zika virus. As I read somewhere, is this the Olympic's or Fear Factor?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 30, 2016, at 3:50 PM

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-6-30-terrance-ferguson-arizona-australia-b...

Article Terrance just released explaining why he is going to go play in Australia. Well written a good read. Still think there are two underlying elements he doesn't address (nor should he I guess or has too)

1. Don't think he would have been academically eligible due to classes at Prime Prep.

2. I think he is about to get some serious cash from Under Armour.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 30, 2016, at 8:38 PM
  • Man oh man! That was a bunch of great info Buck!

Thanks!

And ciri. Lol on the UMKC comment!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jun 30, 2016, at 11:01 PM

I take back everything I said about the Lakers if they sign Timofey Mozgov to a 4 year $65 million deal!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 1, 2016, at 12:31 AM
  • Good move by Lakers

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Fri, Jul 1, 2016, at 2:52 PM

Yep! Anytime you can sign a guy that will get paid $16 million a year, scoring 15 points in the playoffs, and making more than Steph Curry, and would be the 4th highest paid player in the NFL, it's a good move!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 1, 2016, at 3:32 PM
  • Yeah I forgot you "know" everything about basketball. My bad bro. But good research and facts.

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Fri, Jul 1, 2016, at 7:01 PM

It's cool, but you gotta start doing some brain games to improve that memory bro!

In all actuality, I completely thought you were being sarcastic. Would be interested in why you think it's a good move and having a discussion about it though?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 1, 2016, at 7:15 PM
  • NFL players should just go on strike, easy fix.

With the roster they have, and the style of play that I believe Walton wants to play it makes perfect sense to me. All these contracts are going to be inflated because of the CBA. 4 yrs was a stretch, but he brings toughness to a soft team and in the West you got to have that IMO.

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Sat, Jul 2, 2016, at 8:18 AM
  • Report outta LA: Deng to Lakers for a cool 72 large over 4yrs. Thoughts?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jul 2, 2016, at 10:43 AM
  • "The 31-year-old Deng averaged 12.3 points and 6.0 rebounds for Miami last season. He has spent the last two years with the Heat.

He is a hard-nosed, defensive forward who can play multiple positions and provide solid offense. His leadership should be key for a young Lakers team that at times struggled with maturity last season."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jul 2, 2016, at 10:47 AM
  • So now they gotta guy avg 12pts for 18mill a year!! Mozgov was a STEAL!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jul 2, 2016, at 10:49 AM
  • The NBA money being thrown around is crazy!!

Even crazier is that it is supposed to be even more next year I think!

Deng is a perfect example of the craziness ciri!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jul 2, 2016, at 8:51 PM
  • Buck, in my opinion makes an interesting point. Mudiay and now Ferguson skipping the one year of college to play overseas. I think there is no doubt more will follow that model. Ben Simmons showed no interest in actually being in college for one year.

Is it right or wrong? I don't know but also the Thon Maker situation will give those type of players a lot to think about.

Go overseas or prep school to beat the system and get the big NBA money?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jul 2, 2016, at 10:23 PM
  • Hey Buck and ciri!! With the summer league in full swing Im curious to know your thoughts on the UK guys and the other top picks. ...Simmons, Ingram etc. .

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Jul 11, 2016, at 10:36 PM

Boy summer league has been fun! Ulis and Booker have been the stars of the summer league before Booker got shut down. Suns saw all they needed to see from him. Trey Lyles right behind them.

Actually Thon Maker has played pretty well this summer.

Simmons has probably done better than Ingram. But the Lakers have looked good. Seems Russell may be hitting his stride.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 7:08 PM

Shocker of the century Michael Porter Jr. to Washington. In all serious, glad he went ahead and did that now, instead of acting like we all didn't know where he was going and dragging this out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 7:10 PM
  • Buck,

Where is Porter originally from and where did he play growing up?

-- Posted by arich35 on Sun, Jul 17, 2016, at 6:09 PM

Well they moved to Columbia, MO in 2010. So all the 356667 kids they have have played their ball here in Missouri. The girls lead Rock Bridge to several state titles and the two older boys played at Father Tolten outside Columbia. So they settled down for their kids to go to school in Missouri. Not sure where before that. Michael Sr was a Christian hip hop artist and traveled a lot.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jul 17, 2016, at 6:52 PM
  • Leech has added another SEC school to his list. Tennessee offered him over this past weekend.

-- Posted by Tmarlo on Mon, Jul 18, 2016, at 11:10 AM

Good deal, that's a good offer for Leech. Anytime you get offered by the guy that coached Kevin Durant, that's a good thing.

More Summer league thoughts. Tyler Ulis's OT game winner was awesome. He played great in SL and looking like a steal for the Suns.

Andrew Harrison played great and earned himself a guaranteed 3 year contact with Memphis.

Even though the Kings didn't go that great, I thought Skal played pretty well.

Liggins is doing good for the Cavs. Might find himself on a roster this season!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jul 18, 2016, at 11:28 AM
  • I didnt follow the summer league games too closely but how bout that game between Lakers and ? that SOLD OUT the arena in Vegas!!!! Geez those are some serious hoops fans!! I chuckled at that cuz most hilites u see appear to be played in middle school gyms haha!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jul 18, 2016, at 3:52 PM

Yeah they had some packed games!! Fun to watch, I've watched just about every single game. (Didn't catch a lot of the Bulls games, but that was about it). Those are some weird gyms haha.

Summer League and small gyms leads me to think about the D-League. (Honestly unless a recent draft pick or a guy getting second year run ((Booker/Russell/TyusJones)), a lot of these guys will be in the D-League). I'm really glad to see the D-League growing. Fans are coming out to these non NBA games, and almost every NBA team has a D-League affiliate now with a couple more added this summer. And they just raised the minimum salary a couple days ago. You're starting to see some forgein investment in them too. Glad to see them adding this baseball element to the NBA. I still believe an NBA roster is the hardest to make out of your major sports. The spots just aren't there. Although I always come back to recruiting, and this may lead to kids skipping college and going DL for a year to as a route.

We haven't talked about it yet, but I really really want to know any and everyone that reads this thoughts on Durant to the Warriors!?!?!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jul 18, 2016, at 4:03 PM
  • Durant too Warriors. Booooooo!!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Jul 18, 2016, at 5:10 PM
  • Agreed!! Like Heyward getting to choose to go to the stacked Cubs despite Cards offering more money, Durant has spurned the spirit of competitive balance by window shopping for an NBA ring, a la The King with the Heat.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jul 19, 2016, at 10:47 AM
  • Good points about NBA minor leagues, I hope it continues to grow!!

Heres a couple SL tidbits, enjoy!

The summer league broke two attendance records in Las Vegas, including the overall attendance mark with 108,931. The previous mark was 99,437, set last year. Over 11 days, the summer league averaged 9,902 per day.

The event also broke the single-day mark on July 9, when 16,208 visited both the Cox Pavilion and Thomas and Mack Center. The spotlight game that night featured the top two draft picks in last month's draft, Simmons and the Lakers' Brandon Ingram. The previous mark was 12,422, set last season, also on the day the top two draft picks met, with Towns and D'Angelo Russell facing off.

SIMMONS' STOCK

Ben Simmons showed off the versatility that made him the No. 1 pick in the draft. The freshman from LSU played in four games for the Philadelphia 76ers in Las Vegas, averaging 12.3 points, 7.8 rebounds and 5.5 assists. If the 76ers do someday get the forward from Australia along with recent high picks Joel Embiid and Dario Saric on the court with second-year forward Jahlil Okafor, the future could be bright after a dismal recent past.

ALL-SUMMER LEAGUE HONORS

Besides Jones, the rest of the All-Summer League team, as voted by a panel of media members:

First team: Jordan McRae (Cleveland), Bobby Portis (Chicago), Ben Simmons (Philadelphia) and Alan Williams (Phoenix).

Second team: Jaylen Brown (Boston), Thon Maker (Milwaukee), Kelly Oubre Jr. (Washington), Normal Powell (Toronto) and Tyler Ulis (Phoenix).

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jul 19, 2016, at 10:52 AM

Great info Ciri, thanks!

Will have some info on Mizzou bball later.

But Mizzou can't even keep their interim AD? He just left for NorthTexas in Denton.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jul 27, 2016, at 12:29 PM
  • And they lost their #1 sofbawl pitcher, she transferred to OU. More power to them, I say. Until Zou's leadership grows a pair and stands up to fake protests it will continue to be a laughingstock institute.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jul 27, 2016, at 11:53 PM

Just went into effect (midnight ET) that college coaches can retweet, like, favorite, recruits social media posts. Might not seem like a big deal, but I don't like this rule. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen and is just creating an unnecessary grey area.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jul 31, 2016, at 11:07 PM
  • I agree Buck. That will be a big can of worms with no way to determine what's appropriate.

NCAA will have to have more people than the IRS to monitor that stuff!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jul 31, 2016, at 11:15 PM
  • Ciri. Man I wish it was better for our home state University but it seems like they have a long way to go to get back on top of the mess!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jul 31, 2016, at 11:17 PM

Exactly just to much monitoring to make that efficient, and therefore ripe for abuse.

You Mizzou faithful may have heard this already, but interim chancellor Hank Foley will take over as interim athletic director. Will also take over as interim tennis coach and Truman the mascot. If that doesn't work out, heard next up is Eddie Murphy to come in and play all the roles.

In recent weeks Mizzou has offered ESPN 100 players Wyatt Wilkes and Ejike Obinna, and ESPN 60 C David McCormack. Also offered 2018 guard Desi Sills.

Then Mizzou made Wyatt Wilkes top 5 schools and Jordan Goodwin's top 5 schools.

Now football, you guys have gotten I believe 8 commitments in a little over a week!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Aug 1, 2016, at 1:16 PM
  • Haha!! I have no doubt Eddie Murphy could handle it!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Aug 1, 2016, at 10:10 PM
  • More fallout at Hungerstrike U. The most successful sports program BY FAR has lost another pitcher to transfer. I fully expect Earlywine to tell Hungerstrike U to shove his headcoach job up their boycott-loving arses. He should also abandon this joke of an institution if he were smart!!

Mizzou softball pitcher transfers to Minnesota * Another pitcher has left the Missouri softball team. Tori Finucane, a two-time All-SEC performer and the league's top freshman in 2014, has transferred to Minnesota, the Big Ten school announced Monday.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Aug 2, 2016, at 1:08 PM

Looks like Mizzou might have their investigation wrapped up. NCAA accepted all the penalties they self imposed and added 1 year extra probation.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-accepts-missouris-self-imp...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Aug 2, 2016, at 2:58 PM
  • Well watta relief to know that Hungerstrike U has finally become efficient at something.....punishing themselves!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Aug 2, 2016, at 3:22 PM
  • And there are conflicting reports that HU may have been handed one extra year of DOUBLE-SECRET probation, in which case they'll have their charter revoked if they screw up one more time, Buster!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Aug 2, 2016, at 3:31 PM

A few things:

Poythress was UK's lone I drafted guy this year. He signed with the Pacers last year. Glad for him, he's a hard worker. If he can improve his jump shot he should be able to make the big team eventually.

Looks like Travis Ford and St. Louis are already striking by obtaining one of the best regional players and a star for the STL Eagles. Jordan Goodwin who I mentioned a few posts up committed to SLU. So a good ESPN 100 player for Ford.

Mizzou has made Jordan McCabe's top school list and he will be committing tonight.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Aug 15, 2016, at 11:25 AM

WVU gets McCabe and is now an early #8 on the 247SPORTS Top 2018 recruiting class!

Of course they will never stay there!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Tue, Aug 16, 2016, at 5:32 PM

2017 forward Khalil Cuffee has committed to SEMO basketball.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Aug 25, 2016, at 3:38 PM

ESPN 25 came out today which ranks too basketball players from 2019 class. Leech is a 5 star at #20.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Aug 26, 2016, at 2:10 PM

Making a post to see if the college forums will pop up on the home page, wondering if it shows the 5 most recent commented on threads.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Aug 30, 2016, at 8:33 AM

And it did.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Aug 30, 2016, at 8:33 AM

VERY interesting Sports Illustrated article on SEMO's Tony Anderson.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/09/01/tony-anderson-southeast-missouri...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Sep 1, 2016, at 1:26 PM
  • Wow!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Sep 1, 2016, at 2:47 PM

Great... a basketball cult of those that believe in God putting them in the pros! WOW!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, Sep 1, 2016, at 3:03 PM

No. 1 2017 recruit Deandre Ayton announced he will select a school tonight at 5PM. never saw an early September selection coming. Interesting. Down to UK, KU, and Arizona. Kansas is 100% on his crystal ball, have recruited him since the beginning.

Also UK just released their SEC schedule today. Feb 21st at Mizzou. Which of you Mizzou folks is down to go to the game with me? SEMO to COMO trip!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 6, 2016, at 2:45 PM

Wow Ayton picks Arizona and stuns all of college basketball including the coaches. Kansas has been the only one that's really recruited him, and the only school he's taken an official too (Never even visited UK, not sure why we were even in the mix to begin with). He does go to high school in AZ now though. But I will believe he is playing for Arizona when I see him step foot on the court.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 6, 2016, at 5:26 PM
  • Buck!! I would love to make that trip to Como with you!! Will have to check our schedule though..

Ready for some hoops in a big way!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Sep 18, 2016, at 8:52 PM

Yes, seriously please let me know, and we will go. As of right now I am free that week.

Me too!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Sep 18, 2016, at 11:03 PM
  • COLUMBIA, MO. * "After taking an official recruiting visit to Missouri this past weekend, 2017 point guard prospect C.J. Roberts pledged a verbal commitment to MU, he announced Monday on Twitter.

"The four-star prospect from Richland, Texas, chose Missouri over finalists Georgia, Louisiana State, Louisiana Tech, Ole Miss and Texas Tech. The 6-foot guard from North Richland Hills High School also holds offers from Baylor, Illinois, Kansas State, Purdue, Southern Methodist University, Southern California and Virginia Tech.

"It is rumored that he awoke just last week from a 3 year long coma. An unofficial source has not confirmed this but it seems logical, given the circumstances."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 3:57 PM
  • Hahahaha!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 8:40 PM

I chuckled out loud a bit on that one Ciri haha! He just visited the Zou this weekend. Rivals has him a 4 star and I their top 100. Some of the top ranked players are inTexas and he has held his own against them. Good pick up. Might be best in a while in my opinion. My #1 player in MO, Carte'are Gordon, also visited Zou thus weekend,

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 9:00 PM
  • Gordon tweeted "MIZ visit was great!!" Most recruits tweet stuff like that after a visit, but it was nice to see. He's retweeted several other Mizzou related things too. I'm praying he ends up at Mizzou lol

-- Posted by uptobat on Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 9:39 PM
  • Hey Buck!! Haveya started ur countdown to Big Blue Madness yet? Wont be long.....!!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 10:43 PM

Oh yes definitely started the countdown! Lotta big recruits going to be there. Hopefully some commits after that. No 2017 guys yet. Tickets are available next week. Hardest free ticket to get in the country!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 20, 2016, at 8:21 PM
  • uptobat!! I'm with you!! Mizzou has to start keeping Missouri talent in state!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 21, 2016, at 7:51 PM

SEMO got a commitment yesterday from Mt. Carmel, Ill PF Justin Carpenter. Class of 2017. Just visited a little bit ago. #3 PF in Ill. And with all those great Chicago teams, that's not bad at all.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2016, at 8:51 AM
  • 6-8 but only 216. Needs to add weight but looks like he has the skills to be a good one!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 8:37 PM

My top player in Missouri Carteare Gordon has Mizzou in his final 3 along with Kansas and SLU.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 25, 2016, at 10:40 PM
  • Hope Zou gets him but I cant for the life of me fathom why any 3star or higher would want to go to a trainwreck school picked to finish last in a weak hoops conference for the 2nd year in a row. Zou hoops and gridiron and administration are light years away from being successful.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Oct 25, 2016, at 11:48 PM
  • Mizzou, SLU, and Kansas is a bit of a head scratcher for me considering some of his offers, but whatever makes him happy I suppose. I'll always pull for these STL kids to actually go to SLU, but Kansas seems to make the most sense. I agree that it'd be a surprising decision to see him go to a bottom-dwelling Mizzou program

Buck, what do you think about his teammate Courtney Ramey? Do you think they'll be a package deal or do you foresee them going their separate ways after HS?

-- Posted by semo501 on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 2:05 AM

Oh, well that was quick. Gordon has committed to SLU over Zou and KU. BIG pickup for Ford.

Well semo I'm just seeing this and my first thought was separate ways, but now I'm not so sure with SLU being the choice. Package is def a possibility.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 12:54 PM

Also Gordon is ranked #9 in 2018 class.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 12:55 PM

So now for 17 and 18 Ford has gotten a 4 star, a 4 star, and Gordon a 5 star. Will be a force before too long!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 12:57 PM
  • Wow, yea that might be the fastest turnaround I've ever seen as far as releasing a top 3 then committing. It won't be a good look for the Tigers if Travis Ford and SLU start crushing them for in-state recruits

-- Posted by semo501 on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 1:41 PM

Yeah less than 12 hours haha. Should have just committed last night I guess, obviously knew where he wanted to go in sure.

Yeah well Ford is rolling right along right now. A 4 star and 5 star in one week is impressive!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 1:45 PM
  • This should continue to put Zou right where their liberal administrators and faculty want them. As less and less students choose to attend the armpit of the SEC, it'll open up plenty of slots for the "oppressed".

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 2:12 PM

Big week for college basketball. Early signing period starts Wednesday. 30 top 100 recruits left, and a BUNCH coming off the board this week. I'd say probably half. Hoping to see UK leave the week with at least 3 signees to start the 2017 class off. Recently got involved with a 4 star Florida decommit who visited this past week, and got an offer. He has a hyphenated name, so should at least be a lock for him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 11:17 AM
  • http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/11/espn-recruiting-nation-basket...

3 BIG names coming off the board Thursday!I also saw where Troy Brown Jr committed to Oregon today. I'm impressed with the way they continue to build a very good basketball program up in Eugene (especially with the demise of their football program)

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 6:59 PM

Yeah those will be 3 big ones. I predicting PJ comes to UK out of that group. So far I have counted 6 five stars and 2 four stars who will commit Thursday. And 2 top 50 guys came off today (Brown Jr and Davis to UW). So already 10 of the 30 will be gone so soon.

Oregon is doing something right for sure. And UW up to #2 recruiting class, UCLA and Cal gonna be good too. Those west coast guys are coming on.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 7:32 PM

Today is the commitment day for a bunch of high profile 5 star guys. Will be interesting to see where the chips fall and if there are any surprises.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 9:13 AM
  • Hey Buck congrats on ur Cats football team hopefully theyll go Bowling!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 11:43 AM

Yeah awesome! Just gotta get past Austin Peay to go bowling. Anything else is icing on the cake.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 12:00 PM

No. 12 player in the nation and #2 center 5 star 6'11 big man Nick Richards has committed to Kentucky. UK's 2017 class has now finally started. He's a beast, and Calipari got the center he was looking for. Only had offered two big men. Other (Bamba) won't decide until the spring.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 1:37 PM

Richards is the 7th foreign-born player (Jamaica) to pick Kentucky in just the last 2 years. Cal really hitting international guys hard.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 1:39 PM

No. 14 player in the nation and #1 power forward 5 star 6'8 PJ Washington has committed to Kentucky. Cal has solidified the two he wanted for next years front court and will now be able to focus on the guards. Washington is really versatile and can play out to the perimeter but is a monster at the rim also. Great day to be a Wildcat!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 6:33 PM

Huge day for the SEC. Alabama, Auburn, and Kentucky are all now in the Top-10 in 2017 classes. The SEC added 5 top 50 players today. Georgia got their first 5 star recruit in years, Alabama got their first 5 star since 2008 and a 4 star to go with it, and UK went from no commits to the only school with two 5 stars.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 8:12 PM
  • Hey Buck, any one and done Cats this year and which nonfreshmen Cats are Nba bound?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 11:08 PM
  • UK!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 11:30 PM

Yeah we will lose a lot this year. Cal will need to bring in another big class for 2017. 2017's class is a bit weak on one and dones, UK may struggle a bit in 17 but really blow it out in 18. Anyways, from this year De'Aaron Fox, Bam Adebayo, and Malik Monk will all be one and domes. Should all be top 15 guys. Briscoe the sophomore will leave. Hawkins, Mulder, and Wills are seniors. Then say maybe one of the other freshmen have an insane year and they leave. Going to need 7 or 8 guys. But more so backcourt guys because the returners will all be big men. So the guys UK got today were great because the whole rest of the year they can just focus on PG, SG's, and the wing type players Cal likes.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 11, 2016, at 12:07 AM

We still have the 4 star SG hyphen guy Shai Gilgeous-Alexander deciding Monday and 5 star PG Quade Green who has UK in his final lost deciding next week. So could come out of the early signing period with a guard too. I'd lean a lot more toward the hyphen.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 11, 2016, at 12:10 AM
  • Awesome info!!

Haveya heard any mention of Leech being on Cal's radar?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Nov 11, 2016, at 3:35 PM

I have not, but Cal RARELY offers freshman or sophomores. Really doesn't even talk to those guys until there junior year when you can start communicating with them more on the up and up. Tatum is the only guy I can remember he offered pretty young. But he did promote a new assistant this year, Joel Justus. And he has pretty much stated that Justus's job will be to start recruiting and identifying the younger guys. So it will be interesting to see how that goes this season and summer. Leech certainly does fit the type of SG Cal has typically liked.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 8:26 AM

Kentucky gets a commitment this morning from 6'5 4 star guard No.43 in the nation Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. So Cal got the hyphen guy and the first piece to his future backcourt in a guy who should be around for a few years.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 8:31 AM

Oh actually his name was Shai Alexander-Walker and it got changed to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander so that's super hyphen points. Alexander would probably be ranked higher but didn't play AAU instead played with the Canadian National team trying to qualify for the Olympics this past summer. We all know most rankings come on the AAU circuit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 8:34 AM

Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox named SEC Freshman of the Week. No one is probably interested, but I'm posting them so I can keep track throughout the season. A freshman has been named either freshman or SEC player of the week every opening week since Cal has been at UK.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 12:30 PM
  • You cant be expected to compete for a Ring these days without the hyphens. I really question a school's commitment when it bypasses hyphen guys for what's considered a more athletic, more talented prospect. Hyphens are incredibly underrated, I just dont get it.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 12:40 PM

I know it is early, but has there been any news/intrest on the recruiting trail about Willie Jimerson?

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 2:31 PM

I'll see what I can find out for you Kool Aid.

Ciri, I've heard rumors some kids are starting to add hyphens to their names just as a play to get a boost in recruiting rankings. Bold move. More hyphens = more stars.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 6:16 PM
  • Bahaha smart kids, smart kids!

Hey Buck-Major, give us a rundown of tonites epic Cat-Spartan battle! MSU looked tuff fri nite, oughtta be a classic tonite! And then hooya got in the ginormous Devil-Jayhawk matchup? That Jayhawk guard was lites out fri nite!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 10:43 AM

Oh boy, going to be some great games!! UK is going to have to rebound and shoot 3's better than we have in the first two games or Mich St. will crush us. Mich St. will have to stay out of foul trouble because 1-5 or guys can get to the rim and draw fouls. Even though we are favored by a few points, the freshman could pee down there leg playing in MSG and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose. I actually think we could have 2 or 3 losses before conference play.

Duke/Kansas will be interesting for sure! With Duke's top 3 players out I'm afraid I'm going to have to go Kansas. Just because they are at full strength. Not that the other Duke players are slouches, just I think they need those other guys. That one will be fun though.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 12:49 PM

Kentucky defeats No. 13 Michigan St. 69-48. Subs in last 2 minutes. We didn't rebound, but did make outside shots. Malik Monk had 7 3 pointers. So one half of my equation.

Duke - Kansas up next

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 8:10 PM
  • Love the UK win!!

Curious if any of you have gotten to watch the Ben Simmons documentary...One and done?

Very interesting!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 8:30 PM

Haven't! I'll have to see if I can find a re-airing. Although the night it was on I read the summary, so I got the gist of it. Most of what I saw was negative toward Simmons ( I'm probably going to have that attitude too, but ill watch it first). Yeah it does sound interesting, right up my alley!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 9:13 PM

Kansas beats Duke 77-75 on a Mason III jumper with about a second left. But Kansas was in foul trouble all. Night. Long. But also I think Kansas rating was a little overrated. And Duke is going to be amazing when they get those 3 guys back. (Going to go wash my mouth out now)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 11:07 PM
  • Gotta say Mr Mason III may be the best point guard in college hoops rite now. He put on a show vs a highly ranked program for the 2nd game in a row.

And once again Cal is loaded, I predict theyll hang on to their #1 ranking for quite a long time this season, now that the Dookies will relinquish the top spot.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 16, 2016, at 12:43 AM

Kentucky commit PJ Washington has so far had two games of 34 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assts, 5 blocks, and 25 points, 14 rebounds, 8 asst, 4 blocks, 4 steals.

One interesting recruitment, is that of Quade Green. He's a 5 star #22 in the nation. Has offers from everyone but is down to Syracuse and UK. Been a Syracuse lean for a long time. Signing period ended Wednesday, but they say he has already faxed in his papers to one of the two schools. He is committing tomorrow night at a school basketball event. And now UK is trending in his recruitment. He was one of UK's guests at Madison Square Garden the other night.

Cal has only offered two point guards, him and Trae Young. Young has been seen as a UK lean for a long time. But I've heard he's pretty much told them whichever one commits first is going to get the spot. I'm really okay with either. Green is bigger, but Young probably shoots the 3 a little better. I just didn't think UK had much of a shot with Green.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 18, 2016, at 8:56 PM
  • I guess ya saw the Jaychokes got 5star Preston, dont know much about him but he didnt have UK on his radar, i think he'd narrowed it down to Chokes and USC.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Nov 19, 2016, at 9:36 AM

Yeah good pickup for the Chokes. I've seen Preston play in person 5 or 6 times. He is fun to watch! A lot of people call him mini Lebron (they favor one another in looks). And he's as tall as Lebron and can fly up and down the court. No weakness offensively. Defensively he takes plays off and coasts sometimes. But a lot of upside. College will beat that out of him.

Preston is a BIG UK fan. Rumors are he would have committed to UK, but Cal never offered him the scholarship. Here's the deal. He went to that Prime Prep school in Texas started by Deon Sanders (hence the "Prime"). The school got shut down for academic reasons. They had Mudiay now with the Nuggets who didn't end up going to SMU but went to China for a year. Now Terrence Ferguson who committed to Arizona, but is spending his one year in Australia. Cal has pretty much stayed away from all these Prime Prep guys. Preston is now at Oak Hill and I plan on watching him again this year, but it will be interesting to see if he ever suits up for college. We know the Chokes have no problem taking whoever no matter the situation.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 19, 2016, at 11:13 AM

Wow 5 star PG Quade Green commits to Kentucky. Asked me about that 2 weeks ago and I would have said no way. He led the Nike EYBL this summer in assists and steals. Kentucky now has the #1 class with 3 five stars and 1 four star.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 19, 2016, at 8:38 PM

On Nov. 9th UK didn't have a single commit, 10 days later #1 class.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 19, 2016, at 8:44 PM
  • Hey Buck!! Two words!

Malik

Monk

Nuff said.....

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Dec 19, 2016, at 10:19 AM

Bad bad man right? What a game. I had several anxiety attacks during the game. He hit some Aaron Harrison shots. Most points scored by anyone this year in college bball. And even more impressive it wasn't against New Madrid technical university, it was against a great title contender.

Also Monk had a sec freshman of the week and and Fox had an sec freshman of the week since I last updated that. Obviously Monk was name SEC player of the week today. Fox earned freshman of the week with his double double during the UNC game, which totally got overshadowed.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 19, 2016, at 12:18 PM
  • Best college game ive seen in several years, all those freaky great athletes on one floor, geeeeezzz!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Dec 19, 2016, at 12:23 PM
  • Absolutely ciri!! Monk was unconscious!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Dec 19, 2016, at 1:00 PM

Incredible game! If it was a tourney game it would be being discussed as one of the best ever. Hard to call to memory a regular season game better in a long time.

This should also be great for UK's tourney seeding. We have Louisville left before conference play. UNC and UK shouldn't have too many hiccups in conference play.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 19, 2016, at 1:26 PM

UK got a great commitment from 6'8 F 2017 5 star Jarred Vanderbuilt yesterday. Ranked 22 by ESPN, and they have him the lowest, everyone else has him ranked higher but I've been using there rankings. He had a rankings drop when he was out hurt a while with an injury. So UK already had the No. 1 ranked class and it got better with four 5 stars and one 4 star now. Now just need some shooting.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Dec 24, 2016, at 1:45 PM
  • Love it!! Keep em rolling in!!!

Merry Christmas Buck...and to everyone!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Dec 24, 2016, at 2:07 PM

Yes me too! I saw Vanderbuilt play in person last year, he's great!

And IP I just realized I never sent you that ticket info you requested. I will do that in the next couple days!

Merry Chirstmas to you and yours as well!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Dec 24, 2016, at 2:47 PM
  • Awesome!! Thank you!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Dec 24, 2016, at 4:46 PM

Interesting developments on the No.1 shooting guard in the nation and No. 10 overall Hamidou Diallo. He is currently doing a post grad year, meaning he graduated high school last year. The talk is he going to forego the rest of his high school year and enroll in a college for second semester. He is down to Kansas, Indiana, Syracuse, UCONN, Arizona, and Kentucky. With the last 3 being his realistic options. Most believe it is down to UCONN and UK. He visited both within just the last couple weeks. UK has watched him 8 times in like the last month give or take a bit. UK's classes start next week and UCONN's the week after that. So he will pretty much have to decide this weekend. Most believe that he will sit out until the 2017-18 year, but technically he could play this year. Also, since he's already graduated, he could also technically enter the 2017 draft. Although most believe he will play a year in college, UCONN and UK have just been selling him that he can get a full semester and summer of practice to get ready for next year. Should he chose UK, next years class will have 5 star's at every position in a class that is already ranked No.1, and would be impossible for anyone to catch it.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 5, 2017, at 9:44 AM
  • UK !!! 😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 5, 2017, at 11:27 AM
  • Diallo commits to UK!! Will enroll soon!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jan 7, 2017, at 8:12 PM
  • The machine just doesn't stop churning

Also, had he gone to UCONN, they've had so many injuries he may have been in their starting lineup by seasons end haha

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Jan 7, 2017, at 11:19 PM

Yes! Awesome pick up for UK getting No.1 shooting guard, now 5 stars at all 5 positions. He will enroll next week and get this semester and summer to practice which will be great.

Yes I literally think he would have gotten minutes in the floor for UCONN this season. I think he was just better friends with this years UK guys and next years even more so, from the Nike AAU circuit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 8, 2017, at 12:51 PM

Week before last Malik Monk won SEC Freshman of the Week and Isaiah Briscoe won SEC Player of the Week after his triple double, only the 3rd in UK history. This week De'Aaron Fox won SEC Freshman of the Week, that's his fourth FOTW. UK as a whole now has 8 weekly honors.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 9, 2017, at 11:24 AM

McDonalds All-American game participants just announced. 9:30 on a Sunday, I don't know why. But UK's four 5 stars made the game, and will all suit up for the East team (along with Mo Bamba who is the last guy Calipari is recruiting). So Cal has now had 29 McDonalds AA at UK.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 15, 2017, at 9:56 PM
  • Sweet!! When is the game??!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jan 15, 2017, at 11:00 PM

It'll be March 29th!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 15, 2017, at 11:14 PM
  • Awesome!! Always love that game! Thanks Buck!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jan 15, 2017, at 11:18 PM
  • Actually just looked at the top of this thread!! Monk, Fox and Bam are doing pretty good for UK so far!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Jan 15, 2017, at 11:22 PM

Malik Monk wins SEC Freshman of the Week. That's his fourth weekly honor. Him and Fox have won 7 of the 10 freshman of the week honors.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 16, 2017, at 11:34 AM
  • Just to add some stats to Mr Monks award:

"Kentucky guard Malik Monk was named the SEC freshman of the week after his 18- and 24-point outings against Vanderbilt and Auburn, respectively. Monk continues to lead the league in scoring at 21.8 points per game."

Are we talkn lottery pick here Buck-Major?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 16, 2017, at 5:22 PM

Yeah I think so. The mock draft guy I use has him at No. 7, so well into the lottery. Great defense, great three pointer and two point shooter, and probably the best athlete in college basketball. Negatives sometimes shoot can go streaky, and a bit undersized for an NBA 2 guard. Some teams would probably play him at the point, which he can do just fine.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 16, 2017, at 5:25 PM

Oh I forgot to add big news development today, Johntay Porter said he may reclassify and join Michael at UW next year to play together. Would be HUGE move. Unfortunately they are still coached by Romar. Gotta think he's on a short lease at this point and next year would be make or break so lets hire their dad and get both of them on the same team.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 16, 2017, at 5:26 PM

Marcedus Leech a 5 star prospect at No.21 in ESPN's newest 2019 rankings out today.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 9:55 AM
  • Just watched Michael and Johntay Porter play for their new school in Washington...the #1 team in the country.

Porter Jr. ..... Wow!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 11:46 PM

I watched as well! He's great. 2017 rankings came out earlier in the week, they moved him to No.1 in the nation. Make or break year for Romar next year. Two lottery picks last year, should have No.1 pick this year, and No.1 pick next year. Gotta make the tourney next year!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 11:57 PM
  • Agreed Buck...but with the short term guys will he be able to build the program to that point?? Porter Jr. will be one and done...

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Jan 28, 2017, at 10:00 AM

I don't think he will, no.

Courtney Ramey will be committing tomorrow. This early, my guess is Louisville.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 29, 2017, at 9:10 PM

Ramey had postponed his commitment indefinitely after discussing it with school administration. I have no idea what that means, but that's the scuttlebutt as the kids say

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 4:01 PM
  • Buck!! High school administrators I assume?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 11:58 PM

Yes it was!

And he just committed to Louisville

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Feb 3, 2017, at 7:14 PM
  • Hmmmm....thanks Buck!!

All the top Missouri talent either leaves the state or now committing to SLU...does Anderson have any hope at Mizzou???

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 3, 2017, at 11:21 PM

Probably not, and now they haven't won a conference game.

Also, Leech picked up an offer from SLU yesterday. SLU could have quite the scary Missouri team in the near future.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 12:06 AM
  • 1) Ramey to Louisville isn't too surprising. Saw Pitino had the whole staff there last week, so I'm sure he was trying and successful in closing down that one for 2018

2) After this season I think Anderson is done. I've heard that Mizzou is trying to drop BIG money to get a big name bball coach. Murmurings, but that's what I hear

3) I kinda hope Leech goes there just because I wanna see an eastern MO All Star team play together (and because I'm not a big Mizzou fan)

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 12:43 AM
  • After KA is axed expect another mass exodus of transfers. Zou is a decade away from any semblance of respectability, mainly due to the fake protests and politically correct caving in to the snowflake mentality that runs the university. Leech would be a fool to go there, he'd be 100% better off at SLU or even MO State if ur hoping he stays local. Hate to be so down on my alma mater but they have reaped what theyve sown.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 9:23 AM
  • Hey Buck, where ya got Frank Mason III going in NBA draft? Man he is a fantastic point guard who can fill it up!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 3:13 PM

Man you probably just asked about one of the hardest guys go predicted in CBB this year haha. As I've stated in here before I use Draft Express and he doesn't have Mason getting drafted at this time. (Neither does Sports Illustrated or Bleacher Report). Then CBS has him going in the lottery! Seen some analysts say second round here lately. So I think that's about right. He can fill it up though!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 6:55 PM

Well Mizzou just knocked Arkansas from a 9 seed to the bubble. If that's any consolation prize.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 7:18 PM
  • Anyone that loses to Zou deserves to be relegated to the Not In Tournament, thats the NIT for those of you scoring at home.

Thanks for the Mason info, maybe he can surprise some folks and become the next Steph Curry!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 11:31 PM
  • I'm not a Kansas fan by any means but what they do at home is simply amazing...like voodoo almost!

Like ciri said Mason is amazing also...

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 12:03 AM
  • Hey Buck! What are the chances of this happening? I still think the horrible situation at Zou will keep good coaches and players away for about a decade, but who knows?

"When Indiana scored early-season victories over Kansas and North Carolina, the Hoosiers appeared ready to bid for a high seed in the NCAA Tournament.

But after losing five of its last six games, Indiana (15-11) is threatening to miss the Big Dance altogether. The Hoosiers play four of their last five Big Ten games on the road this season, with challenges at Minnesota and Iowa up next.

So once again coach Tom Crean appears imperiled, despite those two Sweet 16 trips to his credit at Indiana. Long-suffering Mizzou fans getting a head start on their coaching wish list have duly noted Crean's potential availability."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 10:41 AM

Likely! I can't see Crean surviving anymore at Indiana. He's just not the right fit. Can't see Anderson making it out if this year. But Crean can recruit now! And wouldn't have Indiana expectations at the Zou. He could certainly compete with Ford. If all the cards align, that would certainly be something to watch out for.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 2:08 PM

Indiana lost to Minnesota last night. And they are now 12th in the Big 10..... This could happen. But there will be some other good jobs open as well.

John Calipari has been named the U-19 USA coach for this summer in Egypt. And I can already hear all the pitch forks being sharpened!!! So he will have a chance to get a headstart and coach his backcourt for next year Green and Diallo who both played on the U-18 team. PJ Washington also played so he could coach 3 of next years players. Also some top uncommitted guys like Bamba for this class, and the 2 best point guards for next years class.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 16, 2017, at 10:23 AM

Anderson out at Mizzou. Search firm has already been hired for next coach. He just wasn't the right fit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Mar 5, 2017, at 1:56 PM

Cuonzo Martin at Cal is getting the most talk as the replacement

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Mar 5, 2017, at 1:58 PM
  • Hey Buck!! Not surprising but I wish it would have worked out better for him...seemed like a great guy!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Mar 5, 2017, at 6:43 PM
  • KA is a great human being, too bad he inherited a mess from Haith and a mess of a university

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sun, Mar 5, 2017, at 8:39 PM
  • Well said ciri!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Mar 5, 2017, at 9:09 PM

Yeah he was doomed from the get go unfortunately b

Johnny Jones out at LSU (overdue). Two SEC lame duck coaches now.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 4:32 PM

Looks like Cuonzo Martin finalizing deal to Mizzou. He will be able to recruit. Shouldn't lose like 8 D1 STL Eagles players to neighboring states anymore

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 15, 2017, at 3:21 PM

Alright time for Michael Porter Jr. to go to Mizzou. Romar out at UW. Do your thing Martin!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 15, 2017, at 6:03 PM
  • You beat me too it Buck!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Mar 15, 2017, at 8:50 PM

Haha I'm normally pretty quick lol. Got to watch our hometown boy Otto in DC tonight. They lost but he had a great game!

Looks like Martin is hiring Porter Sr. Keep in mind MPJ never signed a NLI with UW....

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 15, 2017, at 9:10 PM
  • If you add the Porters to Mizzou + and improved Phillips, Puryear, and Barnett then that team could he pretty dangerous. Not saying they'll suddenly be great, but just MPJ's skill set alone + other decent pieces could definitely get them several more wins next seasons

-- Posted by semo501 on Wed, Mar 15, 2017, at 10:00 PM
  • Buck!! How awesome to see him play in person in the League!! The Mizzou situation might be as intriguing of a story in the off-season as any in college basketball!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Mar 16, 2017, at 1:08 AM

Edwardsville's Mark Smith was named Illinois' Mr. Basketball yesterday. Reportedly down to Mizzou, Illinois, Kansas State, and Ohio State. Cuonzo Martin has made him a priority, but some folks around Edwardsville seem to think he's a strong Illini lean right now. Will visit K-State and Ohio State very soon.

3 of the top 4 in the Mr. Basketball voting were from the St. Louis Metro East, which has only 5% of Illinois' population. That is not likely to be repeated for quite a while.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-edwardsville-s-mark-smith-nam...

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 8:17 AM

Yeah I still think Smith will be hard to pull away from Illinois. Playing with MPJr. might be very attractive though should that happen.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 10:06 AM

Buck--of the 3 Metro East guys--Smith, Goodwin, and Tilmon--which do you think will have the most success at the college level? I realize they are different types of players.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 11:27 AM

MPJr. to Mizzou seeming more and more inevitable at this point. I think it will happen this weekend. He doesn't want to draw it out.

I'm gonna go Tilmon Grub. I think he will be "the guy" for the Illini and therefore and should fit in well. I see him having a lot of success. Now, the one caveat I could see is if Smith goes to Mizzou rather than Illinois. I think he could do really well there. I'm working on the assumption he stays with the Illini and their other commits stay and I think he may have to battle for minutes at the beginning. Goodwin I think will also battle for some minutes, and could have the biggest transition period since Ford seems unsure what position he is going to play at. I think Tilmon has the smallest adjustment period time table.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 8:16 PM

And Mizzou just released a statement officially stating MP Sr. has been added to the staff after he changed his profile pic to a tiger today

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 8:24 PM

What's the highest NBA draft pick Mizzou has ever had?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 8:40 PM
  • Stipanovich????

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 9:01 PM

The crazy deal will be when Jontay reclassifies to 2017 and both he and micheal join dad at Mizzou next year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 9:28 PM
  • A quick resurgence of Mizzou bball is coming???

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 10:40 PM
  • Frank Mason

MVP

Book it

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 9:09 AM
  • Hey Buck, just wondering what goes into the reclassification process for hiskoolers. Keep hearing Jontay Porter mite reclassify to be able to play next fall. Enlighten me, o guru of all things hoops!! And good luck to ur Cats tonite, can u stop the Lonzo train?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 10:43 AM

IP, that's correct on Stipo. He was the second pick overall in the '83 draft.

Of course, that also makes him the highest drafted Missouri high schooler.

Missouri high schoolers have been the #3 pick twice, Webster Groves' Jim Krebs in '57 and Otto Jr. in 2013.

Win Wilfong was 4th overall in '57, taken right after Krebs. I wonder how many other states have had 2 guys taken in the top 5 of the same draft.

Krebs could be the most overlooked high school player in state history. Still considered by some to be SMU's greatest ever. Made the cover of Sports Illustrated. Led SMU to the Final 4 in '56, where he outscored Bill Russell, 24 to 17, in a losing semi-final efort. Still holds the MSHSAA Final Four single game scoring record with 61 points.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 11:27 AM
  • Awesome info uncle!! Thank you!

Buck!! Was there a prize for that??!!

Lol!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 12:40 PM

What kind of candy bar do you like IP lol?

Thanks for the info! Well MP Jr. can certainly be a new highest draft pick for the state and Mizzou. Next years draft is weak, and after this years draft or pointguardpalozza, teams are gonna be looking for 6'10 guys next year. (Tatum should also be added to the Missouri list too soon, if he falls past 3 I'll be shocked)

Well Ciri this is much much more common in football. I garynatee you every top team in the country has guys who've graduated early. Football has tons of spring work where bball doesn't. So they want to get on campus for that spring semester and summer work. Basketball the reclass is an overwhelming majority of reclassing a year behind (2017 to 2018 let's say). That gives a kid more time to grow and add muscle. But in some rare cases, kids will reclass forward. The NCAA has a certain number of credits that each kid needs. High school is structured in such a way you don't obtain all of those credits until your senior year. So what Jontay could do is take outside provided adult education courses, fast track course, GED courses, or summer credit hours depending on what the school in Seattle he's at now offers. Top baseball player Bryce Harper took so many GED courses he graduated after his sophomore year, went to college, and was drafted in what should have been his senior year of high school. Jontay could also just take summer courses this summer, graduated in August, and then just set foot on Mizzou's campus a couple weeks later. Now there are some other things you have to do like change your graduation date with the NCAA eligibility center so that you can pass the clearinghouse. I'm not as familiar with that process as I was obvisouly never faced with that situation haha (seening as I was able to go to the NBA Straught out of high school)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 2:01 PM

I've been assuming all along that Smith is a strong Illinois lean, but he keeps indicating it's wide open. His father reportedly told a local radio show that this morning. Supposed to visit Kansas State this weekend, meet with Underwood on Sunday night and then Cuonzo on Tuesday, and then visit Ohio State next weekend. And there's chatter that Butler, Kentucky, and Michigan State have interest.

Does seem that the Illini would have to rely heavily on Tilmon. I haven't seen him play in two years. He had some problems with elite bigs on the AAU circuit when he played on the EYBL runner-up Eagles a couple of summers ago. Of course, he was playing against guys who were a year older.

Really like Goodwin. As you suggest, he doesn't fit perfectly at any one position, but he's so athletic and plays so hard, he'll contribute right away, in my opinion, assuming he recovers from the shoulder surgery.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 2:50 PM

Michael Porter Jr. commits to Mizzou.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 4:19 PM
  • Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!!😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 7:27 PM

Addition to the draft picks post above. I left out Chaminade's Brad Beal, who was also a 3rd overall pick, in 2012.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Sat, Mar 25, 2017, at 8:14 PM

Looks like Kentucky is really ramping things up on Mark Smith.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 10:55 AM
  • Buck,

Why do yo post about Kentucky on a Semo website?

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 11:09 AM

Well Smith was committed to Mizzou and they are still recruiting him so that post was more for the Missouri people. If you go back to the previous college recruiting threads (as this one is #4), I've stated I post about general college basketball recruiting info of schools that have fans on this site. Which mostly is UK/Mizzou/or ranked recruits in Missouri. And I always ask if anyone else has a team they follow I will post anything I hear about that college team as well. I'm a Kentucky fan, and as I've stated in the past I log it all here so I can go back several years and have a record of the info.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 11:15 AM
  • He was committed for Baseball at Mizzou not basketball.

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 11:26 AM

I know I didn't say he was commited for basketball.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 11:29 AM

The basketball staff are recruiting him now though.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 11:31 AM
  • Hey Buck I think Brown is the highest pick.

John Young Brown (born December 14, 1951) is a retired American professional basketball player who played in the NBA. A forward, he played collegiately at the University of Missouri. He was a graduate of Dixon High School in Dixon, Missouri. Brown was selected for the 1972 Olympic team, but due to injury did not compete in the games.

Brown was selected tenth overall in the 1973 NBA draft by the Atlanta Hawks, and was named to the 1974 NBA All-Rookie Team. His final season was split between the Hawks and the Utah Jazz in 1979–80. Brown also played for the Chicago Bulls for one season and several years in Italy after leaving the NBA.

-- Posted by 4REAL on Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 12:55 PM
  • Hey Buck, I guess God figures he's punished Zou enough for caving in to fake protests and boycotts haha!!

Hochman: No. 7-ranked prospect Kevin Knox says Mizzou 'a possibility' http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/benjamin-hochman/hochman-no--ranked-prosp...

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Mar 29, 2017, at 9:17 AM
  • It has a lot to do with Porter, Jr. These guys get to know each other pretty well. Porter, Jr is a great short term recruiting tool.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Mar 29, 2017, at 10:12 AM

Thanks for bringing that up Ciri. Saw that yesterday. I watched the interview at the MCD All-American practice. His recruitment will interesting. He has 4 schools on his list. And has visited all 4. Will have the 5th visit left and could use it for Mizzou. Unfortutely for Mizzou or UK I think he is a heavy UNC/Duke lean. I don't think he strays from NC.

The one I would watch if I were Mizzou fans is 5 star Tilmon that we have talked about on here going to Illinios. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he flipped to Missouri. (Whereas Knox would be a shock even with MPJ)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 29, 2017, at 2:47 PM
  • Ciri nailed it...Frank Mason is national player of the year.

Not a Kansas fan but he is fun to watch!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Mar 30, 2017, at 7:58 PM
  • He was my fave this year!! Can he succeed at the next level? I find it hard to believe he wont!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Mar 31, 2017, at 2:15 PM

Frank is great! Would be well deserving. I just can't see how he couldn't carve out an NBA role.

CJ Roberts announced he is staying commited to Mizzou. Wonder what changed his mind lol

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 3, 2017, at 1:03 PM
  • Mason adds the Naismith poy to his list of accomplishments.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Apr 3, 2017, at 1:48 PM

Knox announced Saturday that he is indeed using his last visit on Mizzou. Will be there this weekend.

Martin recently said he is recruiting as though he will have 6 scholarships available. So that seems to mean he is expecting 4 transfers.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Apr 3, 2017, at 2:20 PM

What does Mizzou have free right now UGW? 3 scholarships? 8 scholarship guys and 2 commits? It will be interesting to see what Mizzou does.

Two HUGE bombshells today. As I alluded to, I thought Tilmon would be the most likely to switch, and today he requested his release after 3 days ago sorta confirming he was sticking with Illinois. Mizzou bound?

The Lawson's, Memphis's two best players by far, said today they will transfer. This could be a 4 player package deal, with the younger ones being the better ones. Will also be probably end up to be another "whoever hires daddy gets the kids" situation.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 5, 2017, at 1:26 PM
  • Apparently with Porter and CJ Roberts, Cuonzo has 3 schollys left for 2017, with Walton and Hughes moving on. Knox, Tilmon and Jontay would be a nice trio. Wait!!!! Im startn to sound like Buck and his Christmas wishlists for the Cats! Whats gotten into me???????

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Apr 5, 2017, at 2:07 PM

Yeah your gonna have to settle that down a little bit Ciri and tone it back a notch!! Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 10:02 AM
  • Screw it, Ciri. Let's go for the gusto!

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 10:05 AM
  • Dang rite. Bucks been gettn all the biggest shiniest presents for years now. Bout time we stop gettn the hand-me-downs and start gettn the good stuff!! No more socks!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 4:26 PM
  • An interesting tidbit from a hoops scribe:

"Mizzou now has Tilmon’s ear ­— with full support of the father — and the family split is such that Tilmon is reportedly no longer residing with his mother. Tilmon mentioned Walker’s name in his request for a release from Illinois, a gesture of friendship. But barring another reversal, his deal with Missouri is completed.

If you question what might be happening outside NCAA rules, consider that this back-and-forth movement occurred during an impermissible contact week called the “dead period.”

Look, I know what happened. You know what happened. That’s college basketball in 2017."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 11:16 AM

Yeah dead period just lifted yesterday at noon I believe, so there's definitely some impermissible contact going on, but that's with a lot of schools. And the contact is like Martin calling Tilmons cell phone and talking to him. There are some easy ways around that. (Contacting Tilmons coach to relay messages)

I do think Tilmon goes to Mizzou. I do not think Knox does, but it certainly helps to have him on Campus with Porter this week. Kennard delacred for the draft with an agent, and Grayson Allen may be gone too. That's not good news for Mizzou. Mizzou needs to hope Allen stays. If he does, I say UNC for Knox, Mizzou would be my third pick, even ahead of U.K. who is on his final 4 schools. I don't think he comes to U.K. I think we get Pitt grad transfer Cam Johnson.

Recruiting is about to really pick up, will be a lot of movement in the next couple weeks

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 11:26 AM

Well it was Mason for player of the year guys! Good choice, he had a great year. Monk won Jerry West award for best shooting guard.

Also Nike Hoop Summit is on ESPNU right now if you guys want to catch a look at MPJ. Knox playing too. Several UK guys.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 9:39 PM
  • Watching it right now Buck!! Vanderbilt looking good!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 10:53 PM

Looked great! Hope we can add Bamba. I think it's us and Texas

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 8, 2017, at 12:12 AM
  • No doubt! Why would he choose Texas??😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Apr 8, 2017, at 12:22 AM

3 star Blake Harris has committed to Mizzou. Now all eyes shift to Tilmon!

IP many people believe he has a really good relationship with Smart. And I think part of it is seeing not much movement in his other two final 4 schools, only UK and Texas

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Apr 9, 2017, at 4:40 PM
  • Gotcha Buck!! Thank you! Surely he will see the light and head to UK!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Apr 9, 2017, at 6:59 PM
  • Tilmon and Knox to Mizzou. Write it on your wall.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Sun, Apr 9, 2017, at 8:01 PM
  • Harris, a 6-3 point guard from Raleigh, N.C., is rated a four-star prospect and the nation’s No. 124 player by 247Sports.com’s composite rankings. He gives Mizzou three commitments for the current recruiting class and 11 scholarship players for the 2017-18 season. Last fall, Mizzou signed Texas guard C.J. Roberts, who last week reaffirmed his pledge to MU. Missouri’s three-man class now rates No. 16 by 247Sports.com’s composite rankings.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 10:14 AM
  • MPJ

The greatest volunteer recruiter in the history of college hoops

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 10:15 AM

Akron is hiring Fulford to be an assistant. If I'm a Mizzou fan I'm not broken up about this. I followed Fulford when he was at Huntington Prep pretty closely (even watched them play in person a few times). Now he got some RECRUITS when he was there boy!! Mizzou, not so much. At the time I thought it was a great hire because Anderson needed him. All he got was MGC and we see how that ended up. Martin doesn't need Fulfords help. So no real loss imo

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 3:10 PM
  • Lawson brothers to KU

Film at 11

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 3:48 PM

Self wins the transfer contest this offseason. They gotta sit a year, but great additions if Newman bolts after this year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 3:55 PM

Calipari met with 4 star SG Jemarl (pronounced Jamal) Baker this weekend and offered a scholarship. He moved fast, and Baker just committed to UK. Exactly what Kentucky needed, a high level 3 point shooter. He was one of Martin's signees at Cal. Now Bamba, Knox, and Johnson from Pitt are the only people left being recruited by UK at the moment.

Tilmon just received his release from IL. I'd expect Mizzou to move fast on that too.

Signing period starts tomorrow.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 11, 2017, at 12:07 PM
  • Gonna be a down year for Cats fans

No hyphens 😩

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Apr 11, 2017, at 3:05 PM

No we got one coming in next year haha! He's already signed. (And one on the team pending transfer)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 11, 2017, at 3:07 PM

UK's Isaac Humphries is turning pro. Will explore NBA and international options. It had been reported that he was getting some pretty big offers from pro teams in Australia where he is from. This could also even more open up the door for Bamba hopefully. But Texas is coming on strong.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 12, 2017, at 9:18 AM
  • You just cant compete without one these days, fear the hyphen!!

By the way, how bout Westbrook this season? Maybe the best all-around season ever? A triple double machine!! I still think the Cavs will turn things around and make the Finals but Steph and Kevin will win in 6 this year. Whats everyone else think?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Apr 12, 2017, at 9:20 AM

I think I agree with all your points there. I have always leaned more toward the "best individual season" rather than "best player on better/best team" argument (Westbrook vs. Harden). So if I had a vote it's going to Westbrook for sure. I also think the cavs will turn it around, but I think Celtics get one seed. The Cavs over Celtics to finals. But I think unfortunately the Warriors get revenge this year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 12, 2017, at 9:49 AM
  • ciri!! My much anticipated vote for MVP goes to Russell!😊 Personally I just love his mentality that he brings it so hard every night!

I'll take anyone winning the championship other than the Warrior's!

Go Spurs and Kawhi!! Love that guy more than anyone the way he commits on both ends!! Actually I just changed my vote!! Kawhi for Dpoy and MVP!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Apr 12, 2017, at 10:54 PM
  • Yah i think the Spurs have a shot but they gotta play perfect. Pop's my fave coach!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 9:34 AM
  • I think Westbrook is extremely explosive but I just can't handle his turnovers. If you look at the turnovers in a single season record, he and Harden both have broken the turnover record by over ONE HUNDRED! Harden is on there multiple times...that is the definition of inefficient.

I know, I know, they have more possessions and play at a quick pace...but if thats the case then why don't they have 20+ assist games? Westbrook has had lots of games with 8-10+ turnovers...not good. Not saying Westbrook is not good, I just don't think you can be absolutely horrible at something (taking care of the ball consistently) when that is one of your primary jobs as an NBA PG. I can just hear coach Hale now screaming at me for turning over the ball.

A buddy of mine is pro-Westbrook and we tied it into baseball...If Bryce Harper has a 55 homerun season but has 200 strikeouts and an average of .205 can he still be considered for MVP? I don't think so but he's definitely an all-star.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 10:44 AM
  • Wow didnt know about the turnovers, that aint good if he has 100 more than the previous record. U sure about that?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 2:43 PM
  • I was 6 off and had Westbrook/harden swapped. But still...

1. James Harden 460 (2016-17)

2. Russell Westbrook 434 (2016-17)

3. James Harden 374 (2015-16)

4. Artis Gilmore 366 (1977-78)

5. Kevin Porter 360 (1977-78)]

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 3:29 PM
  • Thatsa craploada turnovers geez!! However, 45 triple doubles is hard to argue with in my book, but needs to work on less turnovers!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 3:34 PM
  • If he worked on more turnovers he could have a quadruple double average!!😆

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 5:34 PM
  • But see if triple double wasn't so catchy would it still be awed at? Let's say he averaged 28, 8.2, and 8.4 instead of 25, 10, and 10...would it still be awed at? I don't think so. Triple double is just fun and catchy and we (fans) act like it's as if he hit for a cycle in baseball. 430+ turnovers is awful! Assist to turnover ratio is not good. Points and rebounds are excellent. It's just going to open a can of worms if MVP voters start treating the triple double headline with more importance and total disregard that he's in the top 5 all time for the worst possible stat category for a PG.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 5:48 PM
  • Seeing as how it's only happened twice in history I'd still say it's pretty impressive.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 6:18 PM
  • Well only two people have committed over 366 turnovers in a single season and they're leading the MVP race. One has a FG % worse than the chances boogin tells us what year he graduated from St Pius!

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 6:52 PM
  • No need to argue with me Pimp, I'm a Kawhi guy all the way!! I'm with you on Pop ciri!! Behind Tom Landry he's my favorite Coach of all time!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 7:20 PM
  • I'm also a Kawhi guy.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 7:55 PM
  • Butya gotta admit, doing something that hadnt been done since the Big O did it back in 1970, still very impressive despite the turnovers. Im surprised MJ or Magic didnt have 60 triples in a season, they were Mr Everythings!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 11:13 PM
  • Sorry Buck for hijacking ur college thread...

And at Eastertime for cryin out loud😱

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 11:15 PM

Oh not it's fine haha! I enjoy any type of discussion. Hope you all had a happy Easter.

I have a question I would like to get opinion's on. The best player/best team has always been a big debate for MVP. I'll also start off with I've already stated on this thread I have no problem with Russ getting MVP. I am not a fan of his, but he did have a great season.

Now the Lebron haters don't freak out please lol, I just want honest opinions. I think the word "valuable" and how you define that is an interesting topic. The player must bring value to your team, and not just that, they must be the "most" valuable player in the league. Let's do an example with Russ and Harden since it seems those two are the top two with most talkingheads. If you put WestBrook or Harden on any team in the league, would that team then become favorites to make the conference finals? No they would not, because the current teams they are on are not favored, so that can't be true. If you take Lebron and put him on any team in the league, does that team then become a favorite to make the conference finals. If Lebron goes to the Orlando Magic, Suns, or Lakers, are they now conference finals favorites? I think a good argument could be made that they are. I would like to hear other opinions.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 17, 2017, at 11:04 AM

Still interested in opinions on this.

But honestly posting just to bump the wickman goofball off.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 17, 2017, at 1:50 PM
  • Haha! I'm with you on the bump Buck!

Also agree about Harden/Westbrook vs. LeBron and making another team better...prime example is what happened in Cleveland when he returned.

In a related thought...are the Warriors "better" with Durant??

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Apr 17, 2017, at 2:50 PM
  • !

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Apr 17, 2017, at 9:38 PM
  • Westbrook has def put up numbers this year but ive seen a few references to him being a major ball hog, which im notta fan of. Ball hogs breed possible team discontent. He's had great numbers but i think its obvious LeBron is BY FAR the biggest impact player, along with Steph. Those are 2 folks, either of which would turn the Lakers into a playoff team!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Apr 18, 2017, at 10:34 AM

See I totally agree with you two. I think those two would bring more "value". It's all about that impact that they make on their team and potentially others (since the award is a league wide award against everyone).

Interesting questions IP. It might be a tough convincing argument, but I would actually say no, they are not better. I mean one obvious reason is record. They are below their historic record last year. Still great, but not that good. They did have to lose some key roll guys to get KD. And lets me honest Steph and Klay are volume shooters. Now they make a lot, but they still gotta get lots of shots. So adding KD has thrown of their rhythm a bit in my opinion. Now they may very well win the whole thing, but I still don't think they are as good as last years team.

Also prayers for your Dad tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 18, 2017, at 10:55 AM
  • Definitely agree with the Warriors this year vs. last!!

And thank you Buck!! That means the world to me!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Apr 18, 2017, at 11:31 AM

Jontay is going to visit Mizzou on Monday and decide shortly after that.

Knox says he won't be deciding until early May.

It seems more and more like Smith is down to IL and Ohio State, after Mizzou, UK, and Duke became involved. Sounds like he wants to put up a BUNCH of shots. If so IL and OSU would be the place.

Kassius Robertson a grad transfer from Canisius is visiting Mizzou. Back up plan guy from Smith. Good chance he comes to Mizzou, eligible immediately.

Tilmon' recruitment has gone silent.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:13 PM

I really think Jontay will reclassify. I think that's the most likely scenario for Mizzou, more so than getting Smith, Tilmon, or Knox.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 7:59 PM
  • So Johntay and mpj will both be at Mizzou next year??

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 10:09 PM

I think that scenario is very likely.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 10:48 PM
  • Everything I've read has Mark Smith to Illinois or Michigan State. Tilmon is still likely going to Mizzou, Jontay is likely going to reclassify because it sounds like Knox is leaning heavily towards Duke.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 9:50 PM
  • Thanks Buck and Deuce!! Man what a change in the Mizzou landscape in a short time!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 11:02 PM

Mark Smith will be announcing his decision Wednesday. I'll say either Illinois or Ohio State. I think IL.

Cam Johnson, grad transfer from Pitt, will be visiting UK Wednesday and Thursday.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 9:49 PM
  • "Jontay will be considered an elite prospect whether he plays in college this year or next but isn’t considered a one-and-done NBA prospect like his brother. NBAdraft.net projects Porter Jr. as the draft’s No. 1 selection in 2018."

For those of you who have seen him play, is MPJ really that good? Ive yet to catch him on tv or youtube etc but i wonder how many HS seniors have been projected as top pro draft pick? Im startn to hope the young man isnt being unfairly (still a young kid!!) overhyped but i guess we shall find out startn next November!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 9:42 AM
  • Pretty darn good ciri!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 9:44 AM
  • Ur expert analysis is good enough for me IP!! I am now a believer!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 10:02 AM
  • I motion that we start a new sequel to this thread soon. I hafta take a scrolling break every 150 or so posts haha!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 10:04 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: