St. Louis Cardinals Forum: St. Louis Cardinals, Regular Season Edition

Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Sat, Apr 11, 2015, at 3:27 PM:

So far through 4 games the Redbirds are 2-2. They have scored a total of 11 runs in 4 games. And given up a total of 8 runs.

Replies (34)

• Get used to it. We got lotsa arms and lotsa wiffleball bats. But they always seem to find a way to get the job done.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sun, Apr 12, 2015, at 12:06 AM
  • They are a #4 hitter away from being the best team in baseball. Still good enough to win their division and make a run in the playoffs with their pitching and defense

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Apr 12, 2015, at 10:25 AM
  • Ok guys, nobody pinch the Cards and wake em up. This is insane, how are they doing this haha!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, May 5, 2015, at 10:53 AM

Lance Lynn is struggling this year in my opinion. Our number one right now needs to be Wacha then maybe either Lackey or Lynn then Martinez then I think Villanueva deserves a start and let him go maybe 4-5 innings and that's it unless he has a 4+ run lead against him. He's a long reliever now so why not give him a start.

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, May 7, 2015, at 10:32 AM
  • Lance isnt getting the 6 run offensive support he's been used to getting the last three years. It was crazy how many times he'd pick up a W only going 5-6 inn and giving up 3-4 runs. I think before lasnite we'd only scored 6 runs for him over his last 3 starts, but dont quote me on that. And the ump sucked lasnite, for both teams. Maddon gave him an earful, finally!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, May 7, 2015, at 5:28 PM

Wacha to 5-0. Only one K. Not a strikeout pitcher but gets the job done! Cards are hot!

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, May 8, 2015, at 9:52 PM

Should Bourjos start playing over Jay?

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Sat, May 9, 2015, at 3:55 PM

Hmmmm idk. Tough question. I look for maybe a trade with either Jay or Bourjos in it honestly, just to solve that problem.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, May 9, 2015, at 4:22 PM

We will see if Lynn will get any run support tonight in Cleveland. I hope so. Cards are going up against a pretty decent pitcher but he gets no run support either.

-- Posted by cker23 on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 12:23 PM
  • Carrasco has been shaky this year...at best. Cards just lost their first series of the season. We used to play very well in Pittsburgh but that has changed over the last few years.

Jay's is struggling right now has his BA has plummeted.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 1:17 PM
  • Matt Carp is a stud. Season ends today he is MVP

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 8:11 PM
  • Agreed shoots!! He has developed into an elite hitter. Great eye, rarely gets cheated out of a swing.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 9:43 AM

Cards in the mountains tonight. Lackey, I hope will stay hot. A little worried as yo why we can't give Lynn no run support but the rest of the rotation gets all they need. Stay hot birds!

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Jun 8, 2015, at 4:57 PM
  • Coors field sux, Cy Young wooda struggled there

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 9, 2015, at 11:42 AM

I-70 series tonight!

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Jun 12, 2015, at 1:15 PM
  • Yup!! Garcia is unconscious rite now, hope that shoulder hangs in there!! Matheny Coach of the Year. Book it.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jun 13, 2015, at 10:43 AM

Haha I agree! Take it to the twins boys!!

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Jun 15, 2015, at 5:09 PM
  • Uh ohhh, possible trouble in Cardinalnation Land. Possible Patriot style shenanigans abrewin....

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jun 16, 2015, at 3:11 PM

Boy, if we could only play the Phillies everyday!! Dang!

-- Posted by cker23 on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 10:02 AM

Cardinals have fired their Scouting Director for his involvement in the Astros hacking incidents.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Jul 3, 2015, at 11:58 AM

Former Southeast player Derek Gibson promoted to double A Springfield!!! Congrats!

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Jul 3, 2015, at 10:56 PM
  • They should probably fire most of their hitters who strikeout or hit into DPs with RISP. It was just a matter of time before this caught up with them. We need a clutch bat and a healthy Holiday in order to quit wasting this amazing pitching!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Jul 4, 2015, at 9:05 AM

This 4 game skid against gawd awful teams is pathetic. Swept by White Sox and now being swept by Padres.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sat, Jul 4, 2015, at 11:36 AM

Huge homer by Peralta last night.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 8:25 AM

Yes it was. A bit of luck really. Cards need to get their act together. A little nervous for this series with the Pirates. They are hot right now!

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 8:42 AM
  • Big win for Birds last 2 nights. Need at least 1 more in Pitts.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Fri, Jul 10, 2015, at 8:50 AM
  • Yah i agree, i was gonna be thrilled with a split in the Burgh, glad we got the first one! Peralta HR at Wrigley was HUGE!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jul 10, 2015, at 10:37 AM

Carlos to the all stars . He deserved it! We dropped this one but hey I'll be happy with one more!

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Jul 10, 2015, at 10:46 PM
  • Moss is a Bird. Now we have a Reynolds clone from the left side, Another strikeout king who hits the occasional HR I'm afraid this team is going to have to scramble to the finish line to make the playoffs unless MO has another move for offense up his sleeve

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 9:17 AM
  • Im not concerned about em not making playoffs cuz we got a crapload a games left within our division and we'll win enough to get in. I agree the Moss deal is perplexing. He's actually hitting worse than Reynolds this year. AND his numbers are better vs lefties!! Crazy trade in my opinion. I too am tired of all the K's. We just gotta realize this team will live or die with the pitching. The batting lineup is just as weak as in '06 so there's hope we can maybe get lucky and throw lotsa shutouts in playoffs.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 2:53 PM

Cards will be alright. We do have the best record in baseball btw. But I dont know if we are a World Series team. Need Holliday back and healthy. Wouldnt hurt to get Adams back at some point as well.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 8:06 AM
  • I agree, i look at this lineup and cant believe we have the best record. It has become almost an otherworldly karma-like thing. I am certainly not expecting them to roll thru the playoffs. They are quite capable of gettn shutout three or four times in a row, as we have seen recently. No matter what, i would almost guarantee we lose to the Giants again. Im rootn for the Cubbies to keep em outta the tournament!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 4:07 PM
  • Good point ciri if Giants make it Cards will be in trouble. We have LAs # but Giants have ours. Last night was another one of those how did they win that game night

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Aug 6, 2015, at 9:20 AM
  • Historically, I believe, the best teams do not play .600 ball. I think the Cards will win about 95 or 96 games. The playoffs will be exciting. GO CARDS...

-- Posted by elrod48 on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 11:21 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: