Semoball

St. Louis Cardinals Forum: Are we allowed to start talking about clinching?

Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Aug 25, 2009, at 3:46 PM:

Or is it too soon? Way too soon? Just a little premature?

By my count the Cardinals have 36 games left in the regular season and the team currently leads the NL Central by eight games. I was going to start a thread asking people to predict what day the Cards would clinch the division, but immediately upon beginning to type I got nervous that it was much too soon to be having such discussions.

What do you think? (Anyone brave enough to make a guess. We will shower you with compliments if you're right.)

Replies (9)

• they blow it...pujols name comes out from the 03 list to fit in with the rest of the hgh team they have and everything snowballs

-- Posted by semoh on Tue, Aug 25, 2009, at 4:21 PM
  • So you thought of the worst-case scenario, too, then...

Haha

(Cubs fan?)

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Aug 25, 2009, at 4:30 PM
  • nope, just a realist, I don't know how anyone could be suprised if pujols name was on the 03' list

-- Posted by semoh on Wed, Aug 26, 2009, at 10:01 AM
  • Typical rubbish. if he was on the list it would be out. He is not,..... the Cubs are dead in the water, and the Cards have a shot at the whole thing!!

-- Posted by Oschemer on Wed, Aug 26, 2009, at 12:19 PM
  • Typical rubbish. if he was on the list it would be out. He is not,..... the Cubs are dead in the water, and the Cards have a shot at the whole thing!!

That statement makes no sense....there are still roughly 100 names on the list that have not been released.

Your statement is saying that no one is on the list besides a-rod, clemens, ramierz, ortiz and the other couple that were released. So the list of 100+ is down to 7 or 8 all of a sudden?

Just because the names haven't been released doesn't mean they aren't on the list!

-- Posted by semoh on Wed, Aug 26, 2009, at 1:06 PM
  • Another thing....just because somebody's name isn't on that particular list, doesn't mean they are totally clean. I hope for the sake of baseball that Pujols is clean, but I will always be skeptical of him and all the big stars putting up video game type numbers. If you just look at him, he looks the same as all the "steroid" guys that have been busted and his numbers his whole career are off the charts. As good as anybody that's ever played the game. I'm not a Cubs fan either...I follow the Cardinals as much as anybody. But I'm just looking at it realistically. The facts are, most of these big stars have done something illegal to enhance their abilities. I hope he hasn't done it, or at worst, I hope he never gets caught!

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Aug 26, 2009, at 7:20 PM
  • One other thing to consider. They are a few names (a very few) that are on the list but didn't test positive. What happens if one of those names are released. Now every player can say "Im one of the few that didnt use". Who do we beleive? It's hard to say.

As for the Cardinals, they ARE going to win the central. I would bet the farm on it.

-- Posted by FreyGuys on Wed, Aug 26, 2009, at 8:19 PM
  • semoh, you say you are a "realist" but to say the Cardinals blow a now 9 game lead and Pujols' name is on the 2003 list sounds pretty darn pessimistic to me.

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Wed, Aug 26, 2009, at 10:07 PM
  • The whole list was posted awhile back on one of the big sports forums on the net. I don't remember which one. I think it was eog.com or pregame.com. Pujols wasn't on the list. The Cards win the Central going away and get homefield through the NL playoffs.

-- Posted by semosupporter on Sat, Aug 29, 2009, at 11:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: