Posted by waterbottle21 on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 8:59 AM:

This is NOT a slam on the program !!!! Tuke is doing good things with the program..

With Nat'l signing day upon us, just looked at the Top 30 recruits in the Stl metro area. I noticed that only 1 was committed to SEMO, Edwyn Brown DB 6-6 180 from Althoff ..

I'd liked to have seen more.. SIU-C had 4 or 5..

I know recruiting is hit or miss on kids, maybe Tuke's staff had other players graded out higher in other states.

I'd like to see the better talent in MO head to SEMO.

Replies (11)

• I look at that like the basketball players that leave the state. Greener pastures always prevail.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 9:05 AM
  • Facilities, facilities, facilities!

-- Posted by crackerjack on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 9:32 AM
  • Exactly, SEMO is poor on the field and their facilities are awful.

SIUC, has a very nice new stadium and outstanding locker rooms and training areas.

Did see the updates to the baseball field. Looks very respectable, congrats to all who made that happen.

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 10:25 AM
  • Honest question here:

Is Coach Tuke gone if they have another losing season?

-- Posted by uptobat on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 12:25 PM
  • This will be Tuke's 4th season, should SEMO have another 3 or 4 win season, it might not boad well for retaining him.

I was hoping by this point that significant change would be seen.

I totally agree about the facilities, abysmal..

-- Posted by waterbottle21 on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 12:43 PM
  • I don't know if I buy into the bad facilities excuse 100%. Are they outdated? Absolutely. But not all of them...The men's basketball team has some of the best facilities in the OVC. How's that turned out for them?....To me, it all lies with the head coach, his staff, his record, and his style. If all of those are a plus, players will come. Just my opinion.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 1:09 PM
  • The facilities have to be improved....no doubt. It's sort of a "chicken and the egg" scenario. Does the team need to win to get new facilities or do you get the facilities to get better players to win?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 1:09 PM
  • Not sure which is the chicken and which is the egg but better football facilities WILL bring better players thrre is no question about that. Cape is one of the nicest cities in the OVC but the football stadium is a dump.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 2:14 PM
  • I'm sure with all the budget cuts the new governor just imposed on higher education that new facilities are in the works!!

-- Posted by BBall 40 on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 2:49 PM
  • I'm sure it just got tougher to upgrade the Houck.

Would like to see it done though.

-- Posted by waterbottle21 on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 4:09 PM

They do have a fairly nice weight room. It just got redone last year...turf inside. Now I'm not saying its fantastic but its certainly better than what they had before when it was simply just weight racks thrown on an basketball court in the old rec center.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 4:46 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: