Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame girls tennis team reaches district title match
- Perryville volleyball earns rousing sweep of district rival Notre Dame
- Sikeston drops Portageville in three sets for sixth-straight win
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame girls golf cruises to district title
- Southeast Missouri State football coach Tom Matukewicz sees front seven lining up nicely
- SD ROUNDUP: King, Cox score twice during Sikeston soccer's road rout
- 2016 Missouri media football rankings: Area teams hanging steady
- Kennett girls tennis team wins district semifinal against Sikeston 6-0
- Kennett falls to NMCC in three sets on Senior Night
- Lions drop baseball finale to Doniphan 8-1
- Kennett middle school football action against Jackson
- Dunklin Democrat Roundup (Sept. 26): Kennett volleyball team settles for split on Senior Night
- Verseman's big night helps St. Vincent volleyball slip by Woodland in two tight setsMARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Confidence and momentum can be elusive for young teams, and on Monday night the St. Vincent and Woodland volleyball teams were searching for both. It was the Indians who found just enough to hold off a Cardinals for a sweep, dropping host Woodland 25-23 and 25-21 for just their second road victory of the season...
Kennett girls tennis program wins Waynesville Tournament (9/26/16)Team championship Check A pair of doubles titles Check A second place and third place medal in singles action Check The Kennett varsity girls tennis program experienced little difficulty adding a slew of medals to its trophy case in its inaugural appearance at the Waynesville Tournament Friday...
Kennett cross country team competes at Van Buren Invite (9/26/16)VAN BUREN, Mo. - The Kennett cross country teams competed in the Van Buren Invitational Wednesday at beautiful Big Spring in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways National Park. There was no time to enjoy the scenery, however, as the meet and the course posed big challenges for the Indians...
SD ROUNDUP: Sikeston takes seventh at Kickapoo soccer tournament (9/26/16)SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- The Sikeston boys soccer team defeated Waynesville 4-1 to win seventh place at the 26th Annual Kickapoo Chiefs Shootout on Saturday. Sam Cox netted two goals to lead the Bulldogs to victory over the Tigers. Jeffery Thornbrough had one goal and one assist and Cam King scored the other goal for Sikeston. Riley Cantrell and Max Ault each contributed one assist...
- Southeast Missouri State football team rallies past Murray State in dramatic OVC openerMURRAY, Ky. -- Behind a stagnant offense that had produced only one touchdown, the Southeast Missouri State football team looked like it was about to let another close game fall from its grasp. But with one final chance, the Redhawks did just enough to get the job done...
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team suffers first Ohio Valley Conference loss of the seasonThe Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team dropped its first Ohio Valley Conference game of the season in a 2-0 loss against SIU Edwardsville on Sunday in Edwardsville, Illinois. The Redhawks were outshot 10-9. They finished with three shots on goal, while the Cougars had six...
Missouri football mutilates overmatched Delaware St., 79-0COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri shattered its school scoring record Saturday, dismantling Delaware State 79-0. The previous record of 69 points had occurred three times, most recently on Sept. 17, 2011, when the Tigers shut out Western Illinois. "There's a lot of smiles out there," Missouri coach Barry Odom said. "I think we cleared the roster today and played everybody that is not a redshirt candidate at this time, so I was excited for those guys."...
Without big plays, Southeast Missouri State football offense scrapes byMURRAY, Ky. — Big plays. They are difference makers. And on Saturday night at Murray State, the Southeast Missouri State football couldn’t find them. The Redhawks began the game by driving 75 yards on 14 plays on a sustained drive that put them up 7-0, but they quickly found out how little that means without big plays...
Community sports briefs (9/27/16)Buddy Allen won Dalhousie Golf Club's men's championship, while Dee Johnson repeated as the women's champion Sunday. Allen finished with a three-day total of 229, shooting a 2-under-par 70 in the final round to finish 16 shots ahead of Drew Denton. Allen also had rounds of 81 and 70...
Community sports briefs (9/18/16)Charlie Vickrey of Jackson recently carded his scecond career hole-in-one at Bent Creek Golf Course. Vickery used a driver to ace No. 6, a par 3 playing 160 yards. Tom Ressel and Dick Schuessler witnessed the shot. Don Call of Cape Girardeau carded his second career hole-in-one Thursday at Kimbeland Country Club...
Community sports briefs (9/11/16)Troy Bell and Taryn Overstreet shot a 65 to place first in the Parent-Junior Scramble on Sunday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Neil Miles and Carson Miles placed second at 68, while Ray Silliman and Carsen Silliman took third at 70. In the nine-hole competition, Jim Childress and Sonnie Childress won with a 33. Jeff Maurer and Grayson Maurer were two shots back in second with a 35, while Lewis Bock and Grace Sanders finished third with a 37...
Community sports briefs (8/30/16)Connor Thrower won the Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course club championship on Sunday, finishing with a two-day score of 143. Thrower followed up a first-round 71 on Saturday with a 72 in the second round. He finished one stroke ahead of Mark Sissom, who totaled 144...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Grieving Diaz belts grand slam in Cardinals' 12-5 win over Reds (9/28/16)ST. LOUIS -- Playing with a heavy heart, Aledmys Diaz hit his first career grand slam and the St. Louis Cardinals finished with five home runs Tuesday night in a 12-5 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. St. Louis kept pace in a tight race for the two NL wild cards, with a chance to gain some ground pending San Francisco's late game against Colorado...
Last-place Reds rout Cardinals 15-2 (9/27/16)ST. LOUIS -- Joey Votto and Adam Duvall hit two of the Cincinnati[[OpenSingle]]s four homers as the Reds routed the St. Louis Cardinals 15-2 on Monday night. Reds starter Tim Adleman (3-4) retired the first 10 Cardinals he faced and went a career-long seven innings. It was his first win since Aug. 19...
Former Southeast Missouri State baseball standout Joey Lucchesi reflects on first year in minors (9/26/16)What a thrilling experience the past four months have been for Joey Lucchesi. In the final week of May, the Southeast Missouri State baseball team claimed its first Ohio Valley Conference Tournament championship since 2002, with Lucchesi earning MVP honors. After the Redhawks dropped consecutive games in early June at an NCAA Regional in Starkville, Mississippi, Lucchesi added a number of postseason awards to his resume, including a third-team All-American selection by Baseball America...
|St. Louis Cardinals||82||75||.522||19|